Racing stripes

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Anonymous (80.46.160.84) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 02:30 pm: Edit

I want to put 2 blue stripes over my car. I Know I can get 2 yellow lines done for free if I park on a newly laid road for long enough! Is is best to get stickers or to paint the car?

If its a VW dont even bother, as it would look utterly pish!!!

Let me re-word it, any car with stripes looks utterly pish apart from the new style minis.

I like novas, i must as i have owned 3 in the past, but that is a definte NO and it certainly isnt cool or stylish!!

So waynne what are you driving, i am driving a MK3 Golf Gti.

MK 3 Golf GTi's are Sweet. I drive a Rover 220 GTi that is fairly modded its had a low ratio box, torsion diff and rebulit engine and it puts out about 175 bhp but it keeps on breaking and I also own an A3 1.8T which is a superb drive and incredibly reliable not disimilar to your Golf. What mods have you done - No stripes I presume.

No mods, apart from VR6 BBS Alloys, am away to lower it by 40mm just to help the handling even more,

A guy a used to work with has been through 4 gearboxes in his rover 25.OUCH!!

My Rover was a bit of a disaster. First 2 engines died one threw a con rod. It was the recon gearbox causing vibrations that the garage reckon did the damage to both engines!! The new LR gearbox is much stronger and the engine is built to last. I think its cost me nearly £7000 in repairs and mods over the last 3 years. It's up for sale soon know anyone interested?

Keep the Golf standard - a panel airfilter is a good sensible mod. I think 40mm would be too low - unless you have no speed bumps in your area. Gas shocks and adjustable suspension would be best - you can choose a ride height you like and that actually helps the car.

Have a couple on my street. Ok may re-think that one then. Only other things i would do would be change the front grill to a badge less one and change the lights to the mk4 style and the clear fogs etc.