Racing stripes out of style?

84ZX

Wrench Pro
Car
1997 Audi A4 2.8
This thread is focused to mid-late 90s japanese import cars. Recently ive seen alot of integras and civics with white or black racing stripes. Do you think its time to move on from stripes? (note that muscle cars will always look amazing with them no matter what haha)

Well it's funny you should say that buddy, the other day in a car park I saw a white Ferrari Stradale with green racing stripes running from front to back. Personal registration plates were on it so age of the car was hard to tell, but I would guess only a few years old. If stripes are good enough for Ferrari then it's definitely good enough for me.
I thought the car looked stunning, it was unfortunately a victim of someone's jealousy as they poured coffee over the bonnet (Hood) and left the cup on it standing to attention :(

Well it's funny you should say that buddy, the other day in a car park I saw a white Ferrari Stradale with green racing stripes running from front to back. Personal registration plates were on it so age of the car was hard to tell, but I would guess only a few years old. If stripes are good enough for Ferrari then it's definitely good enough for me.
I thought the car looked stunning, it was unfortunately a victim of someone's jealousy as they poured coffee over the bonnet (Hood) and left the cup on it standing to attention :(
Found this on google Images, now that I think about it, they look pretty nice on some models:)

Attachments

• supra-29-002.jpeg
    supra-29-002.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 5
Indeed, I find that stripes are in my opinion any way - model specific. Some cars look fantastic with them and some just look silly. Which is a real shame really as the owner would have spent quite a bit of money to have them done.

Indeed, I find that stripes are in my opinion any way - model specific. Some cars look fantastic with them and some just look silly. Which is a real shame really as the owner would have spent quite a bit of money to have them done.
What do you think of this? I took this at one of the local beaches.

Attachments

• 20140706_145257.jpg
    20140706_145257.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20140706_145401.jpg
    20140706_145401.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 2
Lots of cars round our way used to have stripes, but it's something you hardly see now. I guess like fashion these things come and go.