racing steering wheel?

joshy1991

Torque Junkie
Car
nissan 200sx s14a
hi guys and gals

ive recently purchased a racing steering wheel made by mountney. my question is . i have been told that it isnt road legal. can any of u tell me why its not. its a 300mm in size. my car is a pug 106.

cheers josh

Let us have either a photo or the part number so we know which steering wheel you are talking about :)

rite well i will find the part number for u soon guys, its a round steering wheel. but i was told that it isnt road legal so i dont understand cos i had one in my polo so it maskes no sence . lol. wel,l i will get the part number to you all .

MOT check list states:

Check the strength and condition (including any modifications) of the steering wheel by applying reasonable force.

The steering wheel will only fail if:

Steering wheel weakened by cracks or fractures, in a condition that hampers proper control or Likely to injure the driver’s hands.

So, as long as the wheel is securely fitted to the column and is rigid (as any racing wheel will be) there should not be a problem.

ok cool. heres the part number and the steering wheel i got. its on merlin motorsport. M RANGE 300MM MOULDED|BLACK CENTRE > M30X3PB
Mountney M Range steering wheel. 300mm diameter with black centre spokes and black moulded rim.
the boss kit i got directly from mountney so i cant give u the part number cos i dnt know what boss it is. all i know is that its an offroad use only boss. lol. cheers guys. thats helped me a bit