Race Seats for a normal sized person?

blacklineninja

Track Warrior
I'm 5 foot 7. I'm not small, I'm normal height, everyone else is just freakishly tall.

Now that's out of the way... I want to get some more supportive seats in my car. I've got my eye on some OMP or FK Automotive recliners which reassuringly both have the tilt mechanism so I can still carry passengers without them having to clamber in through the boot.

However, being a normal sized person driving a car that seems to have been designed for freakishly tall people, I'm forever having to boost my seat up. If I get some aftermarket seats, will I still be able to do this? Or will I need to resort to sitting on a couple of cushions? :embarrest:

I know, I know, the amount of time I've been into cars I shoul know this already :sad2:

Find an aftermarket seat that is comfortable and adjust height with fitting kit. Aftermarket seat supplier will probably be able to help, otherwise it may me a case of making, or getting made, your own. Whichever way you go, make sure the seat is rigid when installed otherwise it will be worse than the original.

Whereabouts in the country are you? Demon Tweeks in Wales have a huge array of seats in their showroom for you to sit on and try. Might be worth a visit if nothing can be found closer to home. :)

I've got these in my E36...

E36_076.jpg

They are from a Honda Integra DC2 Type R but the same seat as a Recaro Speed. Bucket seats are designed to be light so don't have as much adjustability as regular seats do. Just take the time and measure up everything to make sure you sit in the same position.