RAC Home visit

ghettokartel

Tuner
Car
AUDI A4 FSI
I have got RAC comming tommrow to jump-start me motor as the battery is dead, any tips on what I can say to get them to do I quick diagnosis whilst they are with me?? I have been experancing some abnornal ticking noise when I push the gas down and this stops when I lift my foot off which makes me think i have a problem with the nossles.... any advise plz

Considdering how busy they are just now, I'd think the guy will palm you off. They are running around like blue arse fly's at the moment.

Ask a few of the guy's on here. They may be able to help. If not, then i'm affrade its a £50 bill to get the diognostics machine connected at the local garrage. :sad2:

did they do a diagnostic ?

what kind of ticking ? the carbon canister under the bonnet makes some nice ticking noises. it takes the fuel vapour and stores it before putting it back through

Well I would have thought the obvious was a test of the health of the battery, and an alternator check! these tests should be standard for the problem that you have, and should not require a prompt from you!
Good luck ;)

:(Well he did neither of the two checks!!:( all he did was have a look into one of the cell's, saw it was dry and said that the battery needed replacing! I have just realised that the guy did not even give me a recpite which makes me think that I have been ripped-off:mad:!!!! What do you think??

The ticking sounds just like the noise you get from spinning around a bike wheel at high rev's then holding a piece of card on the spoke's, what could it be?

yeah could just be that, it will come and go depending on when its releasing the vaupor, another emissions thing

Well I would have thought the obvious was a test of the health of the battery, and an alternator check! these tests should be standard for the problem that you have, and should not require a prompt from you!
Good luck ;)

think he was on about a diagnostic test on the car not the battery

no recipt ? what gaurantee did you get with it ?

none then

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back