R60 Cooper SD All4

1380S

Car
R60 SD All4
Hi to all, this is my first post.
I own a Mini Countryman Cooper SD All4 Dec 2014 registration, (Jungle Green/White). I bought it from an approved Mini dealer Dec 2015 with 6k miles (ex-demonstrator) on the clock I love the car - but it eats clutches. The first lasted to 20k miles the 2nd to 30k miles and now at 39k it is showing signs of wear again. We (wife and me) are mini fanatics and have had all sorts of minis for over 40 years and is still our main car. It is not our driving style as we have never had this problem with any other of our minis. I have taken this up in writing with MINI but no joy. It would appear on various forums this is a problem with this model with others owners.
I believe the factory clutch assembly is at its threshold with the engine torque and 4 wheel drive and hence reduced life.
Does anyone know where I can get a proven performance clutch fitted, or has a cure for this (I don't want to sell the car)? Anyone out there have a similar problem to me?
Cheers.

Waynne the admin here and I would like to personally extend a sincere welcome to TorqueCars. I apologize for the delay in responding; I've had a really busy period recently, but I believe I've caught up now.

What's your budget and what are you aiming for? Thanks for the compliment, it makes the hard work really worthwhile.

I'm sure you'll fit right in, and I'm looking forward to "talking cars" with you.

I enjoy the idea of this project, and I'm a big fan of automotive variety in whatever form it takes from cars to project ideas.

What modifications have you previously done, and which ones would you recommend? Is there anything you'd want us to write about on our main site? - The feedback we get from our members has a significant impact on the research and information we produce.

We have a wealth of information on our website and in this forum, so don't be shy about asking questions or sharing your own experiences and insights. We're all here to help each other out.

A lot of people say we're the nicest car community around, and we're always happy to provide a helping hand.

Enjoy your stay with us, post as much as you can, and feel free to ask questions or start new topics and debates. Your thoughts and opinions on our current issues and hot polls are always welcome.

Has our new TV channel caught your attention? When you've had a chance to watch it, please let us know what you think of it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars

I feel your pain I had exactly the same experience with mine and ended up trading it in.

I hunted around the forums and fund everyone complaining but Mini are not willing to admit there's a issue. I did considered speaking with my local performance garage to see if we could match something but decided it was more effort than it was worth... but I'd be interested in hearing if you manage to find something as the mrs did like the car.

Good luck

Thanks for your feedback...if I get a result I will let you know, there must be someone out there with this problem, who has resolved it - without selling the car! \B
Cheers.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back