R34GTR for response

HI , well here we are, the car has been in the shop for 5 weeks now and the only thing that has been done to it is a nice layer of dust :(

Even the block is not ready for the final 3.2 assembly , I cannot work out why they ask for the car to come into the shop and have it sitting around, maybe in case they end up with more time than they think, got me stuffed.

Do you blokes have the same problem getting work done ?

Thanks for your help Sleeper , if my build is even close to yours I will be more than happy, keep the dream alive :)

This is what the final mods are

RB30 block ( already have a 9Lt sump conversion)
Nitto 3.2 stroker
custom 260 10.8 cams , springs and retainers. relief machine head
Head work , I think a good clean up, but will see what they say once the head comes off, maybe ??
Haltech flex fuel sensor
Quaife front box ( have a Nismo 2-way LSD back diff in the car)
Trannie modified
Coppermix Comp Spec twin clutch ( taking the OS Giken Quad out, a bit unforgiving on the drive-line and not the greatest clutch for a DD in City traffic)
Nismo slave cylinder
I have a lot of other mods on the car that will be utilized as they are new and I will see if it all goes together and works together before I think of changing any of them.

Will be doing brakes while running it in for the final tune , plus I have the AD08Rs ready to go, think I will waste some of the rubber I have on now before I do that :)
I only hope they pull their finger out and get on with it :)

Awesome spec, sorry you're having trouble getting the work done. With some people I find I have to badger them every few days and get update reports from them just to get them moving.

I think you'll be pleased with the end result though.

Had a bloke laugh at me for thinking 5 weeks and nothing done was a big deal , it is nothing and too expect more of the same,haha

I do not think these blokes can be badgered as they have been in the game for yonks, water off their backs :)

I feel pretty sure I will get the results I am after , SO ,Welcome to the world of modifications I guess :(

Hi Wizzer
Not pushing for high HP on the Dyno , I know with the Nitto 3.2 stroker they are capable of high revs and HP with the right cams , turbo/s , fuel upgrade and a good port and polish + ?.

I recon around 400awkw (544awhp =644BHP ) ish on 98 pump , E85 450awkw (612awhp = 723 BHP) ish.

Hope I have the calculations right :/ Even if it is wrong it will be more than I will really use, but my Son will :)

But I am hoping for the car to be on @3000rpm and going hard up to 7500 to 8000rpm depending where they set the limiter too.

The car is going pretty strong @4000rpm now and I hope with the extra torque from the 3.2Lt being able to spool the Turbo up faster, it will have a strong linear acceleration from the getgo :)

Well still waiting for the car, I feel like a mushroom :)
But it is getting close, well ???
A few pics, wont bore you as it is not one of those interesting builds with lots of detail, more ,wham bam and hopefully up and running :)

Attachments

• 20150128_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 0.jpg
    20150128_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 0.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150114_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 02.jpg
    20150114_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 02.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20141125_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 01-4.jpg
    20141125_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 01-4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 5
  • Nitto 3.2 Stroker RB30 Block.jpg
    Nitto 3.2 Stroker RB30 Block.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 7
  • NISTROKER.jpg
    NISTROKER.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi Waynne , that makes 2 of us, LOL
Trouble is they will not answer a straight question and the 6 - 8 week quote is now into 17 weeks from dropping off the car :( All of the parts were in their shop before I dropped the car off.
But at least there seems to be some movement on my job and from what I can see it is up to the stage of bolting it all together.
These blokes have built lots of this type of build and a lot far more complicated than mine and I am sure I will be happy with the results, from what a few blokes have said it may be more than I need but the right foot controls that. The way it was it had enough power but in the wrong rev range :/
Here are a couple of shots where they have had to re drill to accommodate new mods.

Attachments

• 20150127_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 03.jpg
    20150127_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 03.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20150127_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 02.jpg
    20150127_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 02.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20150127_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 04.jpg
    20150127_Peter Smith Nissan Skyline GTR R34 04.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Transfer case.JPG
    Transfer case.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 4
To be honest installing my 2.8 motor took ages but that was with a new custom exhaust rewired ecu set up and the feulling changed. And it needed to come apart for a new set of clutch plates

Been a while, but just about done!
Moved mechanics to finish some minor work and a flex tune. Add a 6boost manifold and a surge tank
The 3 tunes are
1. on 98 pump = 437.3awkw @ 22psi
2. E85 = 462.8@22psi
3. E85 = 475awkw @25.5psi
Car runs great and an easy street car, not lumpy or loud , so not too conspicuous :)
Might be one last thing to do , a V-Cam but have to get some more info about them and not easy to get the agent to bother to reply with the information I asked for, must have too much money ??

Attachments

• IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 5
  • JEZ DYNO 98 and E85.JPG
    JEZ DYNO 98 and E85.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 4
There is not much I could find on Forums to look at regarding Vcam/non Vcam back to back Dynos, so here is one for blokes looking into buying a Vcam

Went V-Cam step 2 for more response.

Lost a little up top and expected to with the smaller Vcam cam @ 264 8.7mm from the 260 10.8mm, but that's OK

Vcam is GREEN
Non Vcam REDV-Cam Vs Non V-cam.jpg

It ended up at 1000Nm @ 3900rpm and a whole lot of fun to drive

Made some final changes, went with an EFR8374 and touched it up a bit , gone to 1309Nm but the Coopermix Twin C-spec clutch did not like it too much and about to install an ATS Triple Carbon clutch next week as the twin cannot take the torque but the Coopermix has been a great clutch and easy on the leg
This is how it is running now ,could have gone to the EFR9180 and take it over 500awkw but it has plenty going on for a street car, you really have to drive it to feel it :) 002.JPG

Well still going with these endless mods ,LOL

After this last lot of work , the car is in again , CR was a 8.1:1 , .4 lower than stock , going to 9.5:1 , but using a thicker gasket in case I want to go raise the CR.
The Cams are going to 272/10.5mm
The head is getting a CNC port job
Be interesting to see what difference it makes through the rev range and where it runs out of puff. Could always go for a bigger new ERF9280 if I was not happy but I do not need more up top for a street car , its a handful as isLast DYNO E85.jpg

Thsnks for the update. You have an awesome car.

What's been your best mod to date on this?

When will you have some numbers from the head work?

Thsnks for the update. You have an awesome car.

What's been your best mod to date on this?

When will you have some numbers from the head work?

Hi Wayne , hope all is well

#1 Nitto 3.2 stroker , the efr8374 combined with the step 2 Vcam are 2 things that stand out.

By the way the Vcam intake cam will be modified from 264/8.7mm to 272/10.5mm ( there goes any warranty) along with the exhaust cam , this is something I am a little nervous about regarding response, but the higher CR should help , but the 3.2 should handle the cams.
The porting is a bit of the unknown for me , hard to find anything much to compare with and each port work could be a little different anyway.

I am expecting the car back by the end of the month , maybe earlier?, Xmas/ New Year Hols have interfered with the job, LOL

HI Waynne
A bit late but decided to change a couple of things as the job was being done
Cams went to , intake 281.63 at 0.004 lift , exhaust 284.91 at 0.004 lift
Comp ended up 9.8:1
Did some CNC port and polish work

Dyno was a half run tune, to get a little more under 4000rpm , runs hard
PeteIMG_20200309_0003.jpg

Mate wants me to put the EFR8474 on and go from 3 1/2" exhaust to 4" , I was tempted and actually tried to get the 8474 when my mechanic was at Sema a couple of years ago but it was not on sale
I live in a small town and the 4" would attract a bit more attention from the law and I have plenty of power for a street car
So I have to resist the urge to do the work , see if I can stay strong and not let the Modbug bite me again :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back