Torque Cars

R34GTR for response

Discussion in 'Engine questions' started by Nismo1, 30 June 2014.

1. Nismo1

Nismo1 Tuner

Australia Forster
    Car:
    R34GTR
    Been a while, but just about done!
    Moved mechanics to finish some minor work and a flex tune. Add a 6boost manifold and a surge tank
    The 3 tunes are
    1. on 98 pump = 437.3awkw @ 22psi
    2. E85 = 462.8@22psi
    3. E85 = 475awkw @25.5psi
    Car runs great and an easy street car, not lumpy or loud , so not too conspicuous :)
    Might be one last thing to do , a V-Cam but have to get some more info about them and not easy to get the agent to bother to reply with the information I asked for, must have too much money ??

Attached Files:

obi_waynne, T9 man and Aerial Andy944 like this.
  2. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    Very nice. Send the pics into Nismo Facebook page. They'll love to see this and will definitely comment on it like they did mine.

3. Nismo1

Nismo1 Tuner

Australia Forster
    Car:
    R34GTR
    Hi Andy
    I do not do much on Facebook, Nismo Facebook Page ??

4. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
  5. Nismo1

Nismo1 Tuner

Australia Forster
    Car:
    R34GTR
  6. Nismo1

Nismo1 Tuner

Australia Forster
    Car:
    R34GTR
    There is not much I could find on Forums to look at regarding Vcam/non Vcam back to back Dynos, so here is one for blokes looking into buying a Vcam

Went V-Cam step 2 for more response.

Lost a little up top and expected to with the smaller Vcam cam @ 264 8.7mm from the 260 10.8mm, but that's OK

Vcam is GREEN
    Non Vcam RED V-Cam Vs Non V-cam.jpg

It ended up at 1000Nm @ 3900rpm and a whole lot of fun to drive

wizzer and obi_waynne like this.
  7. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Thanks for the update and info on this, it makes an interesting read.

8. Nismo1

Nismo1 Tuner

Australia Forster
    Car:
    R34GTR
    Made some final changes, went with an EFR8374 and touched it up a bit , gone to 1309Nm but the Coopermix Twin C-spec clutch did not like it too much and about to install an ATS Triple Carbon clutch next week as the twin cannot take the torque but the Coopermix has been a great clutch and easy on the leg
    This is how it is running now ,could have gone to the EFR9180 and take it over 500awkw but it has plenty going on for a street car, you really have to drive it to feel it :) 002.JPG

9. Nismo1

Nismo1 Tuner

Australia Forster
    Car:
    R34GTR
    Well still going with these endless mods ,LOL

After this last lot of work , the car is in again , CR was a 8.1:1 , .4 lower than stock , going to 9.5:1 , but using a thicker gasket in case I want to go raise the CR.
    The Cams are going to 272/10.5mm
    The head is getting a CNC port job
    Be interesting to see what difference it makes through the rev range and where it runs out of puff. Could always go for a bigger new ERF9280 if I was not happy but I do not need more up top for a street car , its a handful as is Last DYNO E85.jpg

Lunchmoney and obi_waynne like this.
  10. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Thsnks for the update. You have an awesome car.

What's been your best mod to date on this?

When will you have some numbers from the head work?

11. Nismo1

Nismo1 Tuner

Australia Forster
    Car:
    R34GTR
    Hi Wayne , hope all is well

#1 Nitto 3.2 stroker , the efr8374 combined with the step 2 Vcam are 2 things that stand out.

By the way the Vcam intake cam will be modified from 264/8.7mm to 272/10.5mm ( there goes any warranty) along with the exhaust cam , this is something I am a little nervous about regarding response, but the higher CR should help , but the 3.2 should handle the cams.
    The porting is a bit of the unknown for me , hard to find anything much to compare with and each port work could be a little different anyway.

I am expecting the car back by the end of the month , maybe earlier?, Xmas/ New Year Hols have interfered with the job, LOL

12. Nismo1

Nismo1 Tuner

Australia Forster
    Car:
    R34GTR
    R34GTR in GARAGE.jpg car cleans up pretty good
    27-8-17 005.JPG looking a little different under the hood