R34 Owners say Hello

Might as well let this be my first post then...

I own a '99 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR, currently in its standard colour Sonic Silver.

Lots of modifications made, and still a few to go before I'll consider the project completed.

I'll let a few pics speak for the car instead:

2639594208_f9549d45f9.jpg

Outside my garage some time during late summer '08. Some carbon bits will be added, stickers removed and bonnet color coded. New 19" rims in silver will also replace the old goldish ones.

2638762811_7da878c23e.jpg

On the rolling road some time during early summer '08. We experienced some issues with boost, and maximum output achieved was 387 PS @ 0.6 bar of boost. I'm planning to run somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6 bar during next season.

2360175797_f9e677fb5c.jpg

The engne bay during a major car show in Sweden, some time during mid spring '08. The air filters are missing in the pic, and the car runs a APFC D-Jetro now which means the AFM's are gone.

More pictures and more information (incl spec list) can be found here,

Very nice car. How much have you spent on it so far? It looks stunning. I'm glad to see a well looked after example.

Total amount spent so far would be about £55.000,00 in addition to the purchase price of the car. The figures are a bit misleading though, as they include restoring the car after I hit the wall front first during a track racing event.

I've spent about £25.000,00 on upgraded parts, but then about a quarter of that amount is only customs duties, Swedish VAT and shipping charges.

And you've even converted it to £'s for us. :D Thanks

I'd hate to think how long the work has taken.

Did the track crash do much damage - it looks mint to me?

I thought that writing the figures in £'s would make it a tad easier for you guys to grasp, that's all. :toung: I'm rather used to working figures in £'s anyway since I've had a lot of dealings with people in the UK and I've imported 2 cars from there.

The work to restore it has taken about 1½ years. The crash destroyed most things of in front of the strut towers save the engine itself (some pulleys got a bit mashed). I've spared no expenses rebuilding the car, and I hired one of the most reknown auto repair shops to be found here in Sweden to sort the straightness of the body.

Below is a rather poor pic from the track day. The car was basically standard at the time, and most upgrades have taken place as I've been rebuilding it.

756245715_f5666a9216.jpg

This was the side that still looked rather good after the crash...

OOOOOOO Nasty crash. I take it you werent injured or hurt. What caused it?

I managed to mash my right arm between my helmet and the steering wheel, and the airbag scorched a good part of the skin on the right side of my face, but other than that I came out alright.

My right rear tire blew coming out of the curve seen behind the car in the picture, causing a spin that I wasn't able to cope with. I hit the armco (?) at approximately 80 km/h with the front first. The damage was much more extensive than what the picture shows I'm afraid. The focre of the impact spun the car around, so that the faced the track once it stopped.

I knew the tire was in bad condition, so I've really only got myself to blame. I wasn't able to source a new tire in time for this track day, the last of the season in 2006. I ran 7 wonderful laps on that track, and then... Well, I had to face the consequences of my decisions. I guess I came out of it a good deal poorer and hopefully a good deal wiser.

Thats a lesson we can all learn from. Glad you are ok. Did you have to pay to fix the armco barrier?

In order to race at the track you had to purchase a compulsory insurance. The insurance would cover any personal injuries and any damages inflicted to the track, including the armco barrier.

In order to race at the track you had to purchase a compulsory insurance. The insurance would cover any personal injuries and any damages inflicted to the track, including the armco barrier.

Didn't cover the damage to the car?

Didn't cover the damage to the car?

No, I had to pay for that myself. There was a few turns back and forth, where they changed their mind from 'yes' to 'no' and vice versa, but in the end I had to pay up myself.

Fair enough, I guess, since I ran the track knowing I had bad tires. I should actually consider myself lucky that it all ended quite well after all.

I always get track cover per event costs about £100 every time I do a track but with that they cover any body work damage the only thing they don't cover is any engine damage or drivetrain

Back then there were no insurance companies in Sweden that would cover for body damage on a car driving on a track inside a enclosed area, so that was regrettably not an option available to me. Nowadays, however, there a a few insurance companies that do, and I've changed my insurance to one of them.

Me and my car will be fully covered in the future.

as a fellow r34 gtt owner i popped in to say hello ,i must say that Alecci,s car is awesom and what every skyline owner would love to own,my gtt has got a toyo fmic,hks exhaust with japspeed decat pipe,hks airfilter,hks bov,oil cooler,filter relocation kit,next thing is a boost controller and a remap.