R33 owners say hello here

hey hey well yeah i have a 1992 r32 GT and a 1997 r33 GT so far both my cars are pretty standard aside from Mags, tints, and lowering although my r32 has an after market exhaust aswell. I am using th r33 as the family car at the moment and my r32 is sitting on blocks in the shed as i can't get a warrent (its been ripped of twice now but i just cant let it go its my baby) .
Joined up on this because i need some help my plans are to modify the crap out of my r32 i want to build a real machine out of it either for drags or drifting this is my current project and even though the r33 is the family car i want to slowely do this up (can't let the missus notice though) only problem is i havent really got any experiance with modifying cars.

I NEED SOME MAJOR HELP

If there is anyone that can help they'll be on this site so anyone whos got some ideas

:lol: At slowing doing it up so the missus doesn't notice. I'd like to know how you get on with that then!

Good luck with the mods. RB30 block seems to be the engine of choice for some serious work but you might also use a stroker kit/rebore on the existing block to increase the cc. Do you need it to be reliable?

haha wel atm it dusnt realy hapen haha ussually just end up doing the basic tunes instead thats why im going to concentrate on the r32 to start with it'll be a good distraction

Yeah im liken the RB30 block option but might go with the stroke kit/ rebore with existing so ill have something to race round in and then begin a new engine with the RB30
Hmmm reliable??? that word has a tendancy of holding back some major hp doesn't it?? lol

You can't have reliable and maximum power although the Skylines can give a reliable 500bhp which is a lot more than most other cars.

thats true well 500bhp is not bad maybe ill see how i feel with that but i really wana go for the sky haha

A switchable remap is probably your best option. Go for the max when you're on the track and knock it down to a really slow 500bhp on your daily commute!;)

if you want 500 you can do that on the rb25 if you want to go serious go Rb30. theres no replacement for displacement as my old grandad used to say to me

skylines arent renowned for huge torque figures but going upto the 3ltr sure makes a huge difference

spose i could use the rb25 for everyday use, and have a rb30 to swap in for the track

or buy a second liner thats blown up put an RB30 in there use it basicaly for track so you dont have to worry about emmisions etc then have yourself a nice 500 bhp everyday liner.

the plan with mine is to still keep the rb30 street legal ( for now ) as i do like to go for a bit of a spin in it but push that as far as i possibly can and then get myself an R32 for a bit of daily driver fun

or buy a second liner thats blown up put an RB30 in there use it basicaly for track so you dont have to worry about emmisions etc then have yourself a nice 500 bhp everyday liner.

the plan with mine is to still keep the rb30 street legal ( for now ) as i do like to go for a bit of a spin in it but push that as far as i possibly can and then get myself an R32 for a bit of daily driver fun

well i do have 2 shells i guess so i can use 1 for track and 1 for everyday use without all the switching i guess :p

if your in kent mate go down and take a look at my build at JGR im sure the tuner would be more than willing to talk about a few things with you

if your in kent mate go down and take a look at my build at JGR im sure the tuner would be more than willing to talk about a few things with you

aww i wish i was in kent so i could go see, i just spent yesterday tuning up my r32 a bit the missus let her mate drive it and some how they managed to skrew the engine and wreck 1 of the CV joints i got the engine back upto scratch but i have to find the time to sort out the CV

definitly didnt offer to pay for damages they took it for a weekend and they say theyd parked it up most of the weekend at a mates house but with that damage their story was very hard to beleive i never trusted the person in the first place and the worst thing is theyv seemed to dissapear now that i want their head on a plate.
But oh well the uppside is i get some time to work on my car and put some better parts on with the excuse of saying im just fixing the CV to tha missus