r32 gts

johan

i have a 2litre skyline coupe and find that although the top end power is breath taking its low end power is apaulling
the only mod i have made is fitting a pod filter and a new exhaust tip i was wondering if any one could tell me what mods would remedy my problem
i have a 2 and 1/2 inch free flow but havent fitted it as am worried about the noise it will make (their is no cat or resonator it is a plain straight uninterupted pipe and is legal where i live)
also if any one could tell me how to diy fix my noise problem in the free flow i would much appreciate it

A stroker kit and fitting a turbo would help give more low end torque. Sometimes 2 smaller turbos and a turbo timer would be a good option for increasing low end response. Increasing engine compression is always a good option but beware of DETONATION! :twisted:

Did the loss of torque happen when you fitted the pod filter?

I didn’t fit the pod so I wouldn’t know but the problem with turbo's is the insurance as I am 17 and had my full licence for 1 year the turbo will bring the insurance extremely high I was considering an electronic supercharger as according to my insurance company it doesn’t count as a force induced engine (my insurance co sais that the only mods that will increase my annual rate is a turbo, belt driven supercharger, capacity and engine swaps) I will probably go the turbo rouge once I am older and have a better rating with the insurance co

Also if anyone knows of a site devoted to naturally aspirated cars I would be very interested

Me again just thought of something the compression ratio is 10:1 standard what is advisable to increase it to as the head is coming off at Christmas so I can replace the valve seals and do a grind to get a better seat I may also look into getting a cam grind if funds permit
Note an rb20de can apparently handle 17psi (safely) without reducing compression and on stock internals (that might help)

The electric superchargers are rubbish - they only add a few PSi boost and this is only at WOT (Wide Open Throttle).

If the head is coming off then port matching would help. You could also get it cross flowed - but introduce some turbulance just after the intake valve for better torque - a good machine shop can cut a groove at the right angle to do this.

I thought the compression ratio for the Skyline 2.0 was 9.5:1 are we talking about the RB20E? A fuel pressure boost valve would help make the response seem a little more snappy. You could also go for bigger injectors and an uprated fuel pump.

if your engines pretty standard a litte shot of noz wouldnt do any harm. power when you need it standard economy when you dont

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back