R.I.P Marco simoncelli.

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
After a horrendous crash at the Malaysian Moto gp Marco lost his fight for life a little while ago.
R.I.P Marco Simoncelli.

Last edited:
Its a great shame. I feel for his family, friends and fellow riders. Its a sad loss, and a great shame to lose such a personality within the sport.

He will be sadly missed.

Sideshow Bob - We solute you. RIP.

A harsh reminder of the risks they take. They havnt got a protective bubble like F1 drivers.

sad to see a rider to lose his life at 24

GP gets stronger and faster every year like F1 use to do. Recall how F1 menagment react after Senna died? In next few years they have written a lot of safety prospects. In such point of view we can tell that Sena influenced sport even after his death.
Marco was fine person and good driver. I feel sorry for what hapend and empathy with his friends and familly.
Lets hope that GP menagment will slow down that power/speed war somehow and find some ways to protect more that heroic riders. There is no danger to make GP1 boring if someone limits the power as boring it can not be.

GP gets stronger and faster every year like F1 use to do. Recall how F1 menagment react after Senna died? In next few years they have written a lot of safety prospects. In such point of view we can tell that Sena influenced sport even after his death.
Marco was fine person and good driver. I feel sorry for what hapend and empathy with his friends and familly.
Lets hope that GP menagment will slow down that power/speed war somehow and find some ways to protect more that heroic riders. There is no danger to make GP1 boring if someone limits the power as boring it can not be.

The problem with bikes is it doesn't matter how slow you make them, you can go over the handlebars doing 10mph and snap your neck.

Lets not forget Joey Dunlop, one of the greatest riders of all time, died on a 125cc.

Don't get me wrong, speed is involved in a lot of accidents. Maybe we would still have Dijiro Kato and David Jeffries amoung us if it was not for bikes that can do 150mph +

The only way you can make motorbikes safer is to ban them. And that will never happen. The riders know what is involved and they compete becuase they have something that us mear mortals will never have. We will never truly understand why they do what they do. But it is an art form, a passion, and there life.

I just hope these type of accidents are few and very far between.

Rossi did nothing other than try and avoid his very good friend.

Rossi was extreemly upset by what happened. He was best mates with Marco and it hit him hard. People judge him for leaving the circuit early, but the guy was in a bad place. He needed to get away.

I couldn't start to imagen what was going through his head after what had just happened.

Sorry TN, I meant to quote the post above yours.

Not a problem buddy.
Tbh I can't even begin to think how Rossi feels. He was as you say a very good friend with Marco.
Just shows that being a good rider doesn't always save your life.
I mean if a "rookie" so to speak dropped a wheel in a corner they would of been straight into the gravel trap. But Marco being the great rider he is half saved it. Real real shame to loose an upcoming legend from motorsport.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back