Quick release Steering wheel.

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Hi, any help or advice would be appreciated;
I want to fit a quick release boss/ steering wheel but there's so many kits out there & I don't want to buy the wrong one! I'm planning on changing the wheel too if that helps. :confused:

I think they are all pretty much the same in the way they work. Get a bigger wheel though and this will help improve the steering response. Also I would avoid the fancy shape wheels. Are you thinking of getting an F1 style one with digital readouts and buttons etc....

Are you thinking of getting an F1 style one with digital readouts and buttons etc....

That would be nice :bigsmile: But sadly I'll be going for a nice simple two spoke item hopefully, as the car will be used on the road as well as track days (& hill climbs possibly in the not too distant future).
Is it just a case of unbolting the old (standard) steering wheel & fitting the new boss then? Do manufactures follow the same standard when it comes to wheel fitments?

Its all pretty similar. Nut sizes vary with manufacturer, and some require removal of the airbag but nearly all the aftermarket kits I see have adapter kits available for all popular cars.