Quick question

Wod

Car
looking to buy
Im looking to buy a first car, so iv got a couple of questions if you could help me :)?
I want some information on good places to find cheap insurance, i think the best bet is to get my dad to insure it and go on as a named driver?
Also, my mate thinks hes managed to get a 106 1.4 at 700£ for a year with his dad?, reckon thats possible? he only lives round the corner.
Also if these cars are the same kinda price to insure?, what is faster? a corsa 1.2 16v or a 106 1.1?
Many thanks :)

Thanks for the reply, yeah i know. I managed to get 998 on a 1.2 sxi corsa b. Just trying to find out which ones faster, i know it wont be a big difference but its the way i am lol

First of all, you shouldn't be looking to speed around the streets. Second of all, neither a 106 1.1 or a Corsa 1.2 will be particular quick. There are many low engined cars about so you should be able to find one quite easily. Get yourself a collection of insurance companies to ring round and just try some test quotes. You can also do this with confused.com. If you insist on getting a Corsa, don't get a bubble Corsa (Corsa B).

Welcome to the forum by the way.

I know they wont be :(, why not a corsa b?, i would get a corsa c but im not looking to spend over a grand. My mate reckons gocompare is the cheapest :S but i guess it all depends?
And thanks mate :)

corsa c's are better but more money

but none of them are quick nor will be unless you put a nother engine in but like prince said you are a new driver the streets are not there to be raced around

I know, i know. I think the there both the same top end anyway. I guess itl be easier to get a 106 as my uncle has a breakers yard for peugeots and citreons :).
I think the best option for me is to buy the one cheapest to insure then right?

Yeah thats what im thinking, some parts are the same too :D ill just have to see whats cheaper to insure :( ouch!

24 Sep 2008 22:49 VAUXHALL CORSA SXI 16V 1199cc Third Party Fire & Theft Proposer & 1 other 9 or more years £991.52
One for the corsa, 106 up next :p

Just quoted the 106 1.1 zest2 just a better looking version i suppose and got the same price as the corsa. Mayaswell get a 106 :) or an extra 100quid for a 1.4 i think is better :)

Last edited:
hi and welcome mate a little tip for insurance add a lady as an aditional driver 9 times out of 10 it brings your insurance down as daft as it sounds i saved £60 just for adding my wife to my car not much but its better in your pocket and if you are looking at 106's or saxo's make sure they are 4 stud as the 3 stud versions are very limited on wheel choice

:) nice tip, thanks pal. And i would add me mum but shes not got a liscence, shes got a provisional though? Or can i add any female driver?
Cheers

30 Sep 2008 23:32 PEUGEOT 106 XSI 1587cc Third Party Fire & Theft Proposer & 1 other 9 or more years £1,417.86

Now thats what im talking about ;)

Be careful insuring cars in parents names. You will not be able to use the car as the main driver which would preclude driving to work/college.