Quick question - How can I Find out the colour of my car?

teaszer

Authorised Trader
Car
Rover 25 1.4
I have a 1995 Vw polo 1.4L 8v and recently I have been doing alot of filling and sanding so it had been sprayed over but I Think ive managed to buy the wrong paint. The tin said Vw mars red, this come outdull. So I then bought VW mars red No.2 and this is just as bad. Only to find out you then have tornado red and so on. I cant seem to find which one it is plus with my car always being waxed it dosnt help the colours to match lol

most likely you will have to do some research. all data, even though a pay-site is pretty good about telling you where you can find any information about it in your car. But, research it on the net a little more and if you still cant find it I will try to look it up for you.

look in the boot floor or service book. there should be a sticker somewhere with all the options the car was speced with google them and one should come back as the paint codes

usualy the shassy number, should say the colour of the car i think, i have seen many red polos, an they all look an off colour, red seems to fade in the sun, and the thing is when you spray a panel it doesnt match the colour of the rest of the car, i think with that you need to spray the whole car, reds a bugger for fading

usualy the shassy number, should say the colour of the car i think, i have seen many red polos, an they all look an off colour, red seems to fade in the sun, and the thing is when you spray a panel it doesnt match the colour of the rest of the car, i think with that you need to spray the whole car, reds a bugger for fading

youve also got a fair few colours that are classed as the same. theres over 10 variants of black magic alone

Cheers guys I found a sticker in my spare wheel well that had then paint code in it.
Shame i dont really need it anymore =[