quick advice

samueloc235

Car
megane 1.6
hi all.

ive got a RENAULT MEGANE PRIVILEGE 1.6 mk1 in silver

just need some advice on some rims and an exhaust..

what size rims would fit ?18s

Last edited:
Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! :)

Hi there, someone will be along soon no doubt to help you with the advice you seek. In the meantime why don't you have a little look around the site and see what some of the other members are up to! ;)

hey and welcome to the site.

what sie alloys are on it just now ? generally you can go 2" bigger without problems

exhaust, pretty much what takes your fancy, the gains are going to be negligible in difference on the 1.6 engine

what about induction kits and air filters will they make much difference
i only want an extra 10-15bhp its at 110

Last edited:
at best youll be looking at a couple of bhp,
the only way your going to really notice a difference is if your current one is really dirty otherwise it will be a placebo effect that makes you think its giving you a bigger gain.
for example i went from standard, to uprated panel, modified airbox with uprated panel to BMC carbon airbox. total power gain using the diagnostic bout 4bhp. that was on a 1.8t
a good induction kit and cat back exhaust on yours you might see 5 or 6.
see your other thread for ways of getting nearer 20bhp

remember that if you put on larger wheels then your adding more unsprung weight which will effect your acceleration as well

I have Megane like you do. I recommend you to put 15" and tyres 195/50 R15 V. V is up to 240 km/H but that tyre is more resistant to damage made by constant start and stop driving in the city.