question about order of upgrades

Yey

Car
bmw m3 1997
so after an acquaintance took me to a few track days and i decided i want a weekend warrior myself as well

i bought an 1997 m3 and i am going to upgrade it over time

now i know how a car/engine works but i do not have much knowladge about aftermarket upgrades

after upgrading the brakes and suspension in which order should you upgrade your differential - gearbox - cam/valvetrain - fuel injection - electronics - cooling - etc.

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)
I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!
Good luck buddy! :)

my first mod on an m3 would be the best one and its free :) strip as much weight from the car as possible

then add tyres/brakes/suspension/good air filter/decent exhaust system and remap, this should make for a very capable track car

Assuming you are planning other mods then the mapping and gear ratios should be adjusted to take into account the new mods/power band so I'd leave these to last.

The other mods can be done in pretty much any order and it won't really matter. Handling is for many a priority, then they look to do power mods.

I know this comes a bit late ( am a new member ) but I would have suggested that you get some coaching by an experienced driving instructor who races at the track where you take the lessons.
A good instructor should be able to give you some feedback as to how to best improve your skills and mods to the car that will lower your lap times.

Agreed.

Difficult to do, but take lessons and learn to drive the car as it is as quickly as possible first. You will be surprised how much faster you will be able to go. You will then be able to properly assess any mods you make

Hi Steve, I still do some advanced/track days and the instructors are usually current or retired race drivers and I get them to passenger and give advice on how best to improve my times, lines (aproach,turn in point ,apex,exit) braking points,trail breaking ,technique etc.
Had multiple sports car champion doing just that earlier this year.