quarter mile time Calculator 1/4 mile from weight and bhp

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Please note that this calculator cannot be more than 95% accurate for every make and model and does not take into account the age of a car, windspeed and gearing and air temperature. This calculator has been based upon a number of theories* of drag time calculations and our own research from car performance data statistics.

Continue reading...

Hmm, not bad little calculator. Mid 14's for me which is nice for a stock car with just a hand full of mods. Only thing is though that the VIS system and the weight and balance of the ZS180, would probably make it a bit quicker as they are very quick for a standard 178bhp 4 door saloon (but mine is running 201 :) )

Is that good :rolleyes:
Against a car that does 16.33 it is! ;)
It's subjective, quarter mile times sort out the men from the boys but cars that are good at the quarter mile are usually impractical to live with in everyday life. (Running costs/fuel and often drivability in slow traffic)

200-300bhp is IMO a sensible everyday car figure, unless you are @T9 man , @old-git or @SLEEPER ! In which case you should start at 500bhp and double it every 3 years! ;)

T9's definately is and Sleeper's probably is but realistically mine won't be an everyday car.

Calculator says 11.7/sec for me. I've not actually had the car to the strip, but I plan to when Santa Pod re-opens, so I shall have to report back with how accurate this is on my car :)

My engine builder and drag racer says my car will do an 11 but not with me behind the wheel:( But if I ever take it down the 1/4 again would be chuffed with a 12.

PS Drag racing is for fast cars race tracks are for fast drivers :)

FWIW I have compared TC's calculator with my Moroso slide calculator

info 387.8 HP @tyres so called that 420 @ flywheel car is 1250 kg + driver and fuel = 1330 kg

TC = 11.85 secs
Moroso rounded up to 3000lbs & 387 hp @ tyres = 11.1 secs & 119 mph trap speed

PS will need to check with Moroso re FW or AT tyres power for the slide calculator ?-/

Have checked HP @ tyres
http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/89650/10002/-1

Last edited:
I tried a few cars on it
The caldina which was 13. 6 and the gtr 13.8 . I think the gtr would be quicker. But it is only a rough guide and ther is no allowance for auto/manual

Im not sure what the stageas weight is . A stock one is 1620kg so I put that in because mines quite a bit lighter so 1620 would balance my weight.
I got 11.59 and will leave it at that untill its been up the strip.

To answer is the stagea driveable on the road - like most "high power cars " it isnt meant to be a daily driver but the stroked engine it is much more driveable than the older less powerful one because it has more low down torque . The carbon clutch is almost as light as a stock one and very easy to use so yes id say it easy enough to drive.
Mpg I dont count but 16-19 isnt that bad ihmo fot the power it makes.

My engine builder and drag racer says my car will do an 11 but not with me behind the wheel:( But if I ever take it down the 1/4 again would be chuffed with a 12.

PS Drag racing is for fast cars race tracks are for fast drivers :)

I guess you would be disappointed if I didn't bite :)

Your first paragraph seems to contradict the second.

There are a lot of good drivers in slow cars on the drag strip and a lot of slow drivers in fast cars on the race track.

Roundy roundy drivers can make many mistakes but have plenty of time to catch up. One mistake on the 1/4 and you lose.

Put the best track driver in the same car as an experienced drag racer and he will lose. Put the best drag racer in the same car as an experienced roundy roundy jockey and he will lose. Different skill sets.

Yes you are right :)
Re the 2nd para I have taken it down the 1/4when it started missing after I launched ( did a 14.3 on 3 cyls) and drove home sounding like a WRX and tore my hair out trying to locate the source of the intermittent miss . changed plugs,did hot & cold comp tests,inspected valve springs, checked injectors firing with screwdriver no luck.
would start on 4 and when hot a couple of k down the road would start missing again,called in a good mate who found a broken wire in the inj harness and haven't been back to the drag T &T days again

PS it drove fine on the way to the track .
PPS agree totally with your last para|B

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back