Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

brianHall

Car
Fiat coupe 20v Turb
Hi all
Has anybody used a Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential I’m thinking of buying one for my Fiat coupe 20v Turbo What gains did you get on lap times and also what was the difference in cornering speeds.
it has a standard open differential, LSD
Cheers

Ive got a quaife diff in the front of my stagea (awd)
amazing piece of kit so you cant go wrong imho.

should say though that my car is not a lot like your fiat

I had a Quaife Torsen diff on my Rover and it made a massive difference to handling and the way the car put the power down.

It will be an improvement but it's hard to give lap times and cornering speeds as it is so variable a concept. Lap times will be lower.

For me it was the wet weather handling that improved so much. It really struggled in the wet before the diff was upgraded.

Would love a Quaife or Torsen type LSD in my car but as none were made wondered if a RX7 mechanical unit could be tweaked to fit. Will see if I can beg ,borrow or steal one for my diff shop to see if it can be done at a reasonable cost otherwise they will just have to tighten up the existing clutch pack LSD.

Not on my budget.
There is a rumor that someone has transplanted a complete Nissan LSD x member and diff BUT have no direct confirmation.

I dont think the idea is half as difficult as it sounds because IIRC the starion is rwd .
And most diffs are central to the car and of course you can choose the diff set up and get one with the right track

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back