px/clear??

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
When a dealer/trader has an ad for a car and at the bottom of the listing it says px/clear what exactly are they trying to imply?
Does it mean they are trying to wash thier hands of any responsibility should it turn out to be a lemon? Thank you

I think it means they've taken it in part exchange, and just want to sell it on as quickly as possible, it's usually phrased px/cheap to clear.

Maybe but why do the public need to know where it came from? the car which caught my eye is probably 30% overpriced certainly not cheap

Usually because it's not the sort of car they usually sell, I.E, a Ford main dealer wouldn't want a 6 year old rover on their sales lot, but they may think it to good to send to auction.

In the past I've found some bargains doing the rounds of franchinsed garages looking for non franchised cars.

I once bought a Nova 1.3 from a Ford dealer on a trade deal although I was only 19 at the time and clearly not a trader.

Px to clear simply means the dealer acquired it for peanuts in a deal.
Most Px to clear cars are quite cheap so they put Px to clear so the price doesn't put people off.
Alot would wonder otherwise why the car was so cheap an would probably walk away.

PX clear mean's they have a car that no one wants to buy. Like they can't sell and they are getting a car that at worst they can put up for P/X to clear section and at best they can sell. So they really can't loose. Most of the times here sort of car's will be the bag's of *#*#*#*#'s with little to no mot and in most cases no tax and no chance of passing another MOT.