worked pump 100 : 150 euros
worked inox ic pyping lets say 100 euros
worked admission with race filter 100 euros
port and polish free
worked and direct exaust line 150 euros
special clutch reforce 250 euros
and lets say more 200 for litle things that no one reminds

i think im not forgeting anithing

is that the fortune that you are talking ?
as far as reliability , is reliable as he can travel portugal from norte to south and almost full gas , and still doing some time attack proves and 500 meters with pros ...

not listening what ?

that is impossible put turbo in a block that as crafted 1.9td and is the same as original td aaz ? without spending a fortune ?

is that it ?

You seem not to have read anyones replies. You are going to do it despite the advice given to you so why keep asking?

Nothing is impossible but unless you are an expert in turbo charging then it will not come cheaply. Doing it cheap will mean doing it again. You have been warned.

i will do it becouse , ive already see this same engine with turbo , and handlling almost 2 bars of turbo pression .
i only put 1 bar
ive read all replies , but i think 1 you dont know the engine that i us talking about
so anithing you say without knowing the engine is almost invalid ..
2 see that here people stay a bit rude when see that 1 cheap car like ibiza can put out more output power than some of caled super cars that some members ive... that cost a fortune ...
i admit that got to hurt stay in back of cheap car with a supermachines... i already see manny of then ..

as fare as expert in turbocharging ?
why you need to be turbo charging expert ?
to hibrid turbos ?
to change colectores ?

for what ?

in brickwerks and cady forum

that guys know the engine , do it things like new cill , joint 2 engines to make new one
1.9 with both end of 1.6 , put some tdi engine working mecanicaly , without electric stuf
control geometry of 1 turbo mecanicaly , you know do that ?
or some experience people here do that ?
that guys pic in program like auto data , vag cat and compare references from pistons and rods from both engines from example .
and they can say you can and why , or you dont and why , not based in 1 articule , but in real experience , that come by open alott of this engines td version and aspirated

and i not thinking stik in 1 turbo a put full gas

i think in something like doing a custum dowpype to lower egts , large size exaust
oil cooler , since turbo generates more heat
ic
and other things ....
like that

Listen mate you asked for advice which more than one person has gave you. But the thing is you just keep coming back with the same old thing. "I know someone who's done this"

If you've seen it done before and you know whats involved then why are you here?
This thread is very close to being deleted because IMO it's a pointless thread.
You know what you want to do and you apparently know how to do it. So why don't you just go and do it instead of trying to argue with everyone that gives you advice?

I suggest that Ibizz starts a project thread in the gallery forum and keeps us posted with his results. I will be interested to see how it goes for you.

I don't think anyone on here has been rude or predjudiced about your cars engine. We see a lot of people try things like this on their car only to watch the engine fail a little bit further down the line.

You do get what you pay for so doing things on the cheap is often a false economy.

I wish you well in your project in doubling the power of your 1.9 diesel engine from around 70bhp, this is what the spirit of car tuning is all about.

However in my experience standard internals on a diesel engine can only be pushed about 50% higher before problems start appearing a year or so later on.

Your 1Y engine is pretty detuned and underpowered so you might actually get away with it.

A friend of mine put a Turbo on his Civic and it took him about 50 hours of work and cost about £4000 in parts to get it to work properly. He only budgeted initially for £1500 but this is an extreme example as the car wasn't a turbo to start with.

You must get the fuelling, timing and wastegate control spot on - there is no room for errors when you are pushing a car that much. You will also need to upgrade the oil you use and I'm pretty sure the gearing will be too low for the new engine which is good for acceleration but makes it hard to live with in traffic as you will be constantly changing gear.

I hope this helps.

Listen mate you asked for advice which more than one person has gave you. But the thing is you just keep coming back with the same old thing. "I know someone who's done this"

If you've seen it done before and you know whats involved then why are you here?
This thread is very close to being deleted because IMO it's a pointless thread.
You know what you want to do and you apparently know how to do it. So why don't you just go and do it instead of trying to argue with everyone that gives you advice?

becouse i think its more outhere than what i see , know and tell me.

if you wont to delete tread go ahead , like you said its a pointless thread , with pointless help so far .. of course 1 preparacion with the best high priced stuff , was beter than a low budget project ...
i think no one needs help to know that ... and if you put in hands in a good mecanic and spend another fortune , more beter it is ...

but i like to do it my self , with my hands
doing something thats out of factory standart .

forget it, if the moderators that pass by here most of time and see this every day and dont give me concrete facts , why it il not work .. and some dont even know the egine , but already says is impossible...
what kind of usefull help can i take from that ?

I suggest that Ibizz starts a project thread in the gallery forum and keeps us posted with his results. I will be interested to see how it goes for you.

I don't think anyone on here has been rude or predjudiced about your cars engine. We see a lot of people try things like this on their car only to watch the engine fail a little bit further down the line.

You do get what you pay for so doing things on the cheap is often a false economy.

I wish you well in your project in doubling the power of your 1.9 diesel engine from around 70bhp, this is what the spirit of car tuning is all about.

However in my experience standard internals on a diesel engine can only be pushed about 50% higher before problems start appearing a year or so later on.

Your 1Y engine is pretty detuned and underpowered so you might actually get away with it.

A friend of mine put a Turbo on his Civic and it took him about 50 hours of work and cost about £4000 in parts to get it to work properly. He only budgeted initially for £1500 but this is an extreme example as the car wasn't a turbo to start with.

You must get the fuelling, timing and wastegate control spot on - there is no room for errors when you are pushing a car that much. You will also need to upgrade the oil you use and I'm pretty sure the gearing will be too low for the new engine which is good for acceleration but makes it hard to live with in traffic as you will be constantly changing gear.

I hope this helps.

this is an aswer , and help
i can take something from aswer of waynne .

now by the aswer impossible , i can take nothing . only feedback of closed mind .

the gear box , i know it il be short .
thats good im not looking for speed
but if needed il change by gtd 1.6 one that is plug and play in my engine .
same as gtd pump with lda .
il try to post a pic of 1 engine like mine , with subaru turbo on and a big hole in block becouse forgot to torque something ...
i know you guys il say , that what apens... but that engine as worked in extreme , with more than 2 bars of turbo pression ,without ic , oil cooler etc.

but at least some one here il know whats a 1y engine is ...

sorry wayne

but i hate when people says its impossible , when dont even know what engine it is... just becouse never see it before ..

if you dont try ... you il never know
standart factory stuff , every one know

do things that already are done , no fun in that .
fun is to prove its possible , what almost everyone says is impossible ..
like that sdi one in dyno , even mecanics says its impossible , when they see the numbers , start thinking of it ... and what they think its impossible , are playing with very very very high budget projects

To say the help and advice given to you so far is pointless is actually offensive to all the people on this forum who make it as great as it is. This thread will now be locked.

I think the best way forward for you is to follow waynne's advice from above. Start a 'Work In Progess' (WIP) thread in the gallery section and prove us all wrong. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.