Purvis Eureka G'day

G'day all,
I have a purvis Eureka. It is a rebodied 1969 VW beetle chassis & is powered by a Mazda 2.5L V6.

100_4512.jpg

No other mods planned at the moment, well yes ther are but funds dont allow, So for now it is my daily driver and I'm loving it.

100_4513.jpg

bushboy

tcsmileysign.gif

I know this car! Last time I saw this you were putting new floorpans into the beetle chassis, but for the life of me I can't remember which site I saw it on. :amuse:
Anyway welcome on board I hope you'll enjoy your time on here.

PS: New member's need to make 10 posts before the can put pictures up, I OK'd it for you this time round. ;)

Thanks Loz,
The car has been on the road for almost 2 years now, took me a long time to get it there & it is in desparate need of a paint job. but it's mobile & I really love driving it. Always turns heads, and as I said is a daily driver.

8 more posts & I'll add some pics to the gallery.

My other car (the wifes actually) is a Mazda MX6 (Thats how I fell in love with the Mazda V6 engine & wanted one in the Eureka)

Bushboy

Am I right in thinking this car has a bit of party piece when it comes to getting in? :amuse:
Glad you stuck at it btw, it looks great on the road. :D

Loz,
Yes it has it's party piece for entry. In the UK, where this car was born in the early 70's, it was called a NOVA. Not a Vauxhall. I brought the body from Australia with me when I moved her over 10 years ago. Mine also has a Targa roof so when the weather is good I go topless, other wise I use the remote to open the whole roof & windscreen assembly to gain access. Pics will follow soon.

Bushboy

Call me traditional, but a karmann ghia body would look better, Unless you want to go back to the 80's! Get some Whitesnake smashing out of the tape player on that badboy!

OK MarkieJ your a tradionalist:lol:

More like AC/DC or Airbourne from the MP3. This car has most people asking what Lotus/Ferrari or Lambo is it? Locally all the kids call it the bat mobile, come to think of it so do the people at work. Talking of work it also fits under the boom gate to the car park.

Be good

bushboy

That looks stunning, I bet you have a lot of fun with it.

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!)

Not my thing admittedly, but top marks for originality, :)

How about putting a V8 in there to really scare everyone, I think it would suit the look quite well,

plus I wouldn't bother painting it, leave it....

Happy with that bushboy. Its wicked.
I dont think its a vehicle i would go for myself, but 10 outta 10 for originality.
Is it as fun to own as it looks?

There are quite a few people reading this thread looking at the stats but we've not had any updates from you in a while any updates on this project - or have you moved on to another one?

What are your plans for the future?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back