Punto Alloys problem Help!! PLEase!!

PuntoLee

Wrench Pro
HI all

i have just bought a 2001 punto elx with 17 inch alloys on it and there is a problem as when the wheels are on full lock either left or right the front tyres rub on the mud guards under the wheel arches.

CAn anybody offer some advice on how to solve the problem

thank you

lee

Solutions

hey Punto Lee,

You'll have to put in slightly longer springs, or not get into situations where you need to use full-lock (my 17's did it on my Rover 25 when i had that), or simply take them off. That's all i can think of.

I just put up with mine and tried not to full-lock at any time and they gripped to the road like sh*t to a nappy :lol:

Alloys

Hi

thanks for quick replies

but sorry if i sound like an idiot but wots rollling the wheel arch

any other solutions will me most appriated

cheers

lee

All questions are welcome. None of us know everything!!! Rolling the arches basically bends them in further so you create a U shaped lip. This is done with a roller on an arm which is affixed to the hub and moved over the lip of the arch bending the metal back further and is a good way to increase the clearance around the arches.

alloys

thanks waynne

so by rolling the arches will possible solve the problem

as the arch is rolled i take it that the platic mudguard will stretch out providing more room for the wheel is this correct?

also can it be done forthe front and back of the front arches

cheers appricate all the help

lee

If the mudgard is attached to the arch then yes. If it is attached to the internal part of the wheel then probably not, it just depends on what sort of mudguards we are talking about.

alloy

Yh the mud gurads are attached to the wheel arch

just another question soz where can you get that done and roughly how much is

cheers

thanks again

lee

Most body shops can offer this service - especially those that fit kits. Cost varies a lot from area to area but it should not be much.

Hi there new member here :) I take it you have the Mk2b? the problem you have could simply be the wrong et or offset on the wheels you have fitted I have a friend who has a very heavily modified Mk2b with full body kit and he found that he had to go to 16s because of the scrubbing but if you want the 17s then your only option could be arch rolling as the other member has already said :)