Pug 206 Pedal shake! Pls help!!!

DjSerious

Car
Pug 206 1.4 Quik
Why does my pedals shake on acceleration up to about 40mph?? Had new coilovers 50mm drop all around, then on the front new wishbones, new anti roll bars, new brakes (discs & pads), new wheel bearings, new engine mounts, new gearbox mount, 2 new tyres, tracking and balanced and still it shakes!!!

Could it be top mounts, or maybe clutch??

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Actually now I think about it, on a Saab 900 convertible 1995 - 1998, they tend to suffer from something called scuttle shake. This is where the standard rack mount allows significant side to side movement of the steering rack both when turning the steering wheel, and when driving on uneven surfaces, this causes exaggerated torque steer, loss of steering response and a movement in the pedals. The continual movement of the rack caused in some cases a cracking in the bulkhead. This then needed to have the firewall removed and all manner of items, then the bulkhead could be welded.

The fix was a specially machined solid alloy clamp and bulkhead strut-brace.

I think the check was to have the car stationary with the handbrake applied and then turn the steering wheel left and right and look for any abnormal movement on the pedals.

It might be nothing to do with this at all buddy, but thought it worth a mention ;)