Pug 106 RALLY S1 HELP

antoniocete

Hi guy´s

happy new year

i need some help, what is the best way for me to put disc brakes on the rear wheels

please help me with this problem

thanks

Hi there and welcome to the forum. You really need a complete brake assembly from maybe a 1.6 GTi or even a 306 may suffice. This needs to include the servo and braking distribution as well as a set of 4 disks and calipers. This will mean that you have all of the parts you require rather than mocking up a custom system yourself.

With ABS it gets more complicated though.

Hi

What is the reason that you wont to put discs on the rear. You will end up having the back lift on you all the time and put you off the road.

You can still use your original servo if you but discs on the back but you would need to but some sort of bias valve to reduce the braking on the back.

You really need a complete brake assembly from maybe a 1.6 GTi or even a 306 may suffice. This needs to include the servo and braking distribution as well as a set of 4 disks and calipers.

:oops:not contradicting you waynne but you do not need to change the servo. so many people say this all the time and it makes no diffrence. We have but 180 brakes on 205/106/309 GTi with standard servo and they still work as good.

simon

:oops:not contradicting you waynne but you do not need to change the servo. so many people say this all the time and it makes no diffrence. We have but 180 brakes on 205/106/309 GTi with standard servo and they still work as good.

I didn't realise that - thanks for the heads up (Contradict me anytime you want to!). I guess a big disk conversion on the front would help braking as much if not more than adding a disk to the rear.

Hi
I could put a bigger disc in the front, but to put a bigger disc i would have to change my rims to 15´, in portugal it is ilegal to change the rim size without permisson of peugoet, and they don´t allow it, the fins in portugal a very high from 500 euro to 3000 euro.

I think that mabye i did not explain my self very well, what i would like to is if i have to change the entaire back axel our is possibel just to apply the discs in the back " 106 GTI our 206 our 306 etc .......

how was the new year.

thanks allot

I'm pretty sure that it is easiest to change the whole rear beam. Anything from Saxo/106 higher spec models, unsure, but possibly 206 and 306 too.

Okay, well then I would suggest an upgrade to 266mm disks, these will fit under standard 14" steel wheels. There are three types, you will need the calipers, carriers and disks, though most will bold straight on, some may require a small amount of modification (a small part needs to be grinded off) you can find these items on:

1. Some 306 XSis, most 306 estates, xsara estates, some xsara VTS's' and VTR's, Citroen berlingo TD, pug partner TD.

2. C2, xsara, picasso, 206, 307 and partner van

3. 206 gti (not 180) & 206 CCs

If you are hunting some down, be sure that they aren't larger 283mm disks found on 206 GTI-180, 306 GTI-6, as these WONT fit under standard wheels.

This conversion is MUCH MUCH better than changing anything on the rear of the car. Upgrade to braided hoses too while you have the brakes off, but standard servo is fine with this conversion, although you may notice slightly more pedal travel.

You are welcome, I know you will enjoy these breaks, they make a huge difference over the standard 247mm items, I loved them on my Saxo!