Proud new owner of an MG TF

skalcsits

Car
MG TF 135
Greetings everybody;

I have not been very active on here since I joined, but I have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts and the articles available on this site/forum.

I just recently bought myself an all-stock silver 2002 (52 number plate) MG TF 135. I am thoroughly enjoying this car in stock trim, however I do have plans to improve the overall performance. I am plan on starting off smaller with things such as wheels, brakes and intake/exhaust first. Later on I do plan on some more involved mods, such as cams and maybe the VVC head. Eventually I plan on making this car almost exclusively a track toy.

I look forward to hearing your experiences and advice.

Thank you

Welcome anyway. A good base to start from and still a decent ride in stock trim due to the power to weight ratio. A 160 would have been an even better base as that would have had most of the right bits but it won't stop you. There are plenty of suppliers out there offering upgrades and quality used parts. If you can, get along to any local mgs-on-track events and speak to the drivers there, plenty are running modified Fs and TFs and all are very approachable.

Thank you for the advice, Stamford. I do definitely plan on making it to some MG's-on-Track events, even if I am not running. My car requires a fair bit of maintenance before I even attempt a track day though. It will be nice to get a good few un-modified runs for a performance baseline.

Hi.

We had a tf135, well a good 9 years ago now. It was a lovely car. Only had it a year but had no issues in that time.

I'd recommend a hardtop for the winter. Makes the car look like a trim little coupe.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back