Pros & Cons of adjusting Wastegate

Tjonga

Car
2010 Audi S3(8P)
Hi Guys.

I own a 2010 Audi S3. Manual. I have had a few mods done on the car like, CAI, Downpipe, HIgh Pressure Fuel Pump, Forge DV and off course software. On load there is an excessive fluttering noise and I'm wondering if that's not my wastegate.

Can I adjust it and what are the Pro's and Cons?

* I have removed your duplicated question that you posted on another thread. Once! is all you need when asking a question buddy*

T9 man
Super Moderator.

Pardon my ignorance but if the wastegate is under the ECU Management wouldn't the software/re-map address that loss of boost under the excessive fluttering?

Pardon mine :) I am not at all certain to be honest. Come on PG, get in here and help us out !!

Perhaps there are two. One under ECU control and the other as an emergency relief valve?

waste gate spring will go weak over time, so a couple of turns on the rod probably wouldn't do any harm, just make sure you have a boost gauge before you start playing ;)

^^^ Hadn't thought of that ^^^ So the wastegate is purely a mechanical device to prevent over-pressure should the ECU get a bit carried away with itself? :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back