Project Nissan Stagea Turbo - Lairy Wrap... !

Hi All,

We have another little project on the go at the moment..

The current Stagea, which we have had a couple of years is near end of life unfortunately. She has been a fighter, been on a few track days. The Chassis is now too rusty.

11124759_10153446322648938_583947266408954890_o.jpg

11251890_10153427686673938_3585642948255939128_o.jpg

Sooooo, we have a new one :)

We'll transfer the performance parts over, and currently looking at a crazy printed wrap for the car too

The 2 together..

14390895_1753957101540922_8615896125747351418_n.jpg

MOT Time

14409840_1756035411333091_8192773110748837906_o.jpg

The new Stagea is a fresh import and a very clean 125,000 kilometres example. Has service stickers over it, and all history from Japan. Zero Rust.

Its the Turbo 2.5 litre 24 Valve 6 Cylinder Engine out of the Nissan SKyline R33 GTS-t, and a 4wd System Similar to the R33 GTR Nissan Skyline.

Should hopefully be a fun Project over the next couple of months...

Check back for updates, always keen to hear views :)

Am wondering why Nissan made 2 engines with only 100 cc's difference.
Two completely different engines for two different markets. The RB26 was supposed to be a bigger capacity for racing but last minute rule changes meant it ended up at 2.6 with the twin turbo setup. There's not a single part hardly transferable between a GTS-T and a GTR engine, body panel or interior wise

Am wondering why Nissan made 2 engines with only 100 cc's difference.

Its the cranks pistons and rods that make the CC difference. Only other main difference really is the head bolt thread is larger in the RB26

Two completely different engines for two different markets. The RB26 was supposed to be a bigger capacity for racing but last minute rule changes meant it ended up at 2.6 with the twin turbo setup. There's not a single part hardly transferable between a GTS-T and a GTR engine, body panel or interior wise

Not quite chap. RB25 engine parts fit RB25, some need work, but they are transferable, not directly.

You can fit a GTR front end on a GTS-t, you just need the complete kit (bonnet, wings, wing risers, headlights, bumper bar, bumper, arch guards etc)

Seats and most of the interior trim you can swap about between different R33 models

Not what the books say but I guess you have more experience. The engines were developed for different cars and different driving characteristics. When I was getting parts it was either RB25 or RB26 can't remember many parts fitting both. Far as I knew the body panels on the GTR are longer so don't transfer without a lot of alterations. A whole front end to me is a lot of alteration. I can remember a lot of GTST with GTR like arches on the rear with original fuel cap still recessed because they couldn't adapt it and get a GTR one to fit. The chassis has a lot of strengthening parts on a GTR transforming the handling. I believe there were some Attessa units put into GTSTs at some point. Guess what I'm saying is to me they are very different cars. I've been in both types with similar high power outputs and the GTST when overtaking would be almost sideways and the GTR was just planted to the road.

Technically yes, GTR parts are wider, but do bolt straight on, long as you have all the parts, can't do it with only some. Main chassis strengthening parts are around rear subframe, inside boot and under gearbox. They are transferable to GTS-t (some will require holes to be tapped)

There was an expensive option on the GTS-t with Active LSD, non many cars have it. Power is nothing without control.

I have a 500BHP 33 GTR and 600 BHP R33 GTS-t, both will lay power down evenly in a straight line. If I plant it, then the GTS-t ends up pointing the wrong way, but doesn't if I'm gentle :)

My preference is always GTS-t, puts a much bigger smile on my face..