Project Car

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
Most of us don't have time for a project car, but if you had a spare couple of grand and the time to do it what car would you go for and what would you do to it? would you make it a track car, show car or would you go for something completely unique and crazy?

AC cobra. something thats old yet can still give a lot of cars a run for their money.
newer engine in it of course bring it a bit more up to date

Mine is my ' Granada', but I have been thinking of getting another ' old or classic ', to do once granny is finished.
already got a MkII Golf & Jensen Interceptor, sat in the sidelines awaiting decision ( & funds of course :toung: ), but ' her at home ' wants a mkIV, MkV Cortina Crusader :confused:

Chris.. :blink1:

Most of us don't have time for a project car, but if you had a spare couple of grand and the time to do it what car would you go for and what would you do to it? would you make it a track car, show car or would you go for something completely unique and crazy?

A spare couple of grand? That would be a very cheap project car, methinks.

I hope that what I am doing is unique and crazy :) Unfortunately it is costing a damn sight more than a couple of grand :-(

When you are young you have the energy but not the cash. When you get older you have the cash but not the energy. Life can be a right bummer sometimes.

I'd take an Impreza and put a kit car shell on it. The weught reduction will make an awesome track day car and be more reliable than most kits.

i'd take a new shape subaru impreza and turn it into a track car with as close to the rally spec as possible without adding things only needed for rally, i think although the new scooby was a big shock to rally fans when it was unveiled as it was a hot hatch rather than the old salloon but it is actually a really nice car and the top spec wrx version does 0-60 in 6.5 secs which is a good starting point

i'd need a bit more than a few grand, but I'd take a vxr and turn it into a show car styled by irmscher.

Golf MK2, keeping the old outside style with some flash rims but not chavy, then an engine swap but in a big audio turbo engine that i've seen (not such exactly what engine). i would also then have to get all new brakes and suspension so a few thousand might not be enough lol oh and then i would restyle the interior!

VW Phaeton would make a good project.

ummm..... what exactally would you do to it??

it can do near enough 200mph.
its got a radiator, demister, everything you would want apart from a tea and coffee machine :p

i think that a mitzi galant vr4 would be good. might make a good drift car

an engine swap because i've seen a few on the net and in magazines that have had it done and the results (from what I've seen) shown a pretty big improvement. And just a quick question, you know all this shine nice big engines you see in cars, how is that achieved? all new parts i take it but does a lot of the parts have to be chromilized or what ever they do?

Get a tatty Ford Sierra for fifty quid.

Leave it on bricks in the front garden for 4 years.

It gets condemned by the environmental health department and is susbsequently confiscated.

Now go out a buy a nice 1 yr old 1 user Mondeo ST with all the money you've saved by not doing anything at all with the Sierra. :) :)

sit up and beg pop complete V8 hamster 6speed drop box love itttttttttt