Project car, 17 years old, for learning and stuff... Help, tips please!!

Waspzz

Car
None!! :(
I am 17 and was thinking about gettin my neighbors old skoda felicia for 80 quid and putting a vw 1.6 polo engine or a 1.4 lupo gti engine, then change suspention to coilovers, upgrade brakes and change alloys aswell as change anti roll bars and add sway bars.

Any advice or tips and thoughts please.

Thanks!!

I am 17 and was thinking about gettin my neighbors old skoda felicia for 80 quid and putting a vw 1.6 polo engine or a 1.4 lupo gti engine, then change suspention to coilovers, upgrade brakes and change alloys aswell as change anti roll bars and add sway bars.

Thanks!!
O.K. THE FIRST THING TO REMEMBER IS, SAFETY IS OF PRIME IMPORTANCE.
GET THE CAR JACKED UP AND GET IT SUPORTED PROPERLY ON STANDS OR BLOCKS OF WOOD. BLOCKS OF WOOD ARE MY FAVOURITE, UNDER THE SILLS AT THE JACKING POINTS. MAKING SURE THAT THE CAR IS REALLY STABLE.
DISCONNECT THE BATTRY AT THE EARTH TERMINAL.
ALSO THE PROPER WAY TO TAKE OFF WHEELS. FIRSLY LOOSEN THE WHEEL NUTS OR BOLTS. THEN JACK UP THE CAR AND PROCEED TO REMOVE THE WHEEL NUTS |BOLTS
AS BEFORE.
THERE ARE OTHER SAFETY FEATURES THAT WOULD APPLY .
THIS MAY SEEM TO YOU TO BE A BIT FUNDAMENTAL BUT I HAD A YOUNG RELATION DIE BY NOT HAVING THE CAR PROPERLY SUPPORTED ON STANDS.
A HARD WAY TO LEARN A LESSON!

Good first post ^^^^ Williams |B

Thanks!!

IF it is going to be registered then you may have trouble getting full insurance cover so hopefully you should be able to get 3rd party fire and theft cover.

I know its too late now but my first piece of advice would be an insurance quote for the modified vehicle as insurance companies hate mods.