Project alto turbo

Timturbo

Car
fiat 500 turbo
hi there folks just joined so hi ! ok i am about to start a project i am wanting to buy a standard suzuki alto r to v reg you know the shape <
and am wanting to put a turbo engine into it nobody seems to know what engines you can get into these without massive modification to car im am going to keep the interior and exterior of the car totally standard and am thinking how fun it will be to have a standard looking alto with big power, all my friends have corsas and novas with redtop 2.0 litre engines so am wanting to set the standadrd and blow them away in my rice rocket hope you can help guys ps ( I KNOW ABOUT THE WORKS TURBO ENGINES AND DO NOT WANT TOI PUT ONE IN ) thanks again timturbo

Hi and Welcome.

Don't know anything about engine changes to be honest. There are loads of guy's on here that do, and suport them.

I'm sure they will introduce themselves.

Look into the engines from similar sized cars, the 2.0 Boxer engine from a Impreza would be nice but I suspect that it would be to wide to fit the Alto engine bay, the Charade GTTi is also worth considering but any conversion like this is going to be major work.

Have you thought about doing a supercharger conversion on the stock engine?

Look into the engines from similar sized cars, the 2.0 Boxer engine from a Impreza would be nice but I suspect that it would be to wide to fit the Alto engine bay, the Charade GTTi is also worth considering but any conversion like this is going to be major work.

Have you thought about doing a supercharger conversion on the stock engine?

Yeah I've thought about turboing the stock engine apparently can be d
pretty easily there's an article on tamon.org about it also thought about getting a standard Toyota starlet
sportif and putting a glanza engine in it as it's the same car model etc it would fit straight in or so I think lol

stock block cannot handle compression if you turbo charge it. Pistons have to be forged, injectors changed. 3 cylinder right? that's a 3-1 header, maximum size is 1 1/5 downpipe with muffler 1 3/4 inlet and 2" outlet.

I'd say you should go for engine change but not too radical about the power. Body, chassis can only handle so much that it'd warp!

The question here is not about turbo charging this little monster...but what is your goal really? Speed for drag racing? Circuit? Depends on the clear goals and objectives you have.

hi there folks just joined so hi ! ok i am about to start a project i am wanting to buy a standard suzuki alto r to v reg you know the shape <
and am wanting to put a turbo engine into it nobody seems to know what engines you can get into these without massive modification to car im am going to keep the interior and exterior of the car totally standard and am thinking how fun it will be to have a standard looking alto with big power, all my friends have corsas and novas with redtop 2.0 litre engines so am wanting to set the standadrd and blow them away in my rice rocket hope you can help guys ps ( I KNOW ABOUT THE WORKS TURBO ENGINES AND DO NOT WANT TOI PUT ONE IN ) thanks again timturbo

Hi, welcome!

What's the stock engine model? 1.0L?

I bet it's a 3 cylinder engine, you've got a lot of options. Turbo charging is easy, get forged pistons, customised block to handle compression (Aluminum made can break due to high compression). bigger injectors, upgrade intake pipings and fuel pumps, port and polish, light'n flywheel, list goes on.

But you make sure safety is at hand, start with upgrading to performance coils, dampers, tires should be nitrogen filled etc...

But on second thought, changing the engine as well is another option.

Good luck my friend. :)