PROJECT-(4efte Peugeot 205)

kalibwenm

Car
Peugeot 205 XAD
hi guys,

I just bought a peugeot 205 XAD, at a very cheap price, but with engine probs. So, due to the fact that peugeot parts are hard to find and very expensive in my country, and because i'm a big JDM fan, i was thinking of doing a 4efte swap...So now tell me guys, is this possible, has it been done before, and how do i go about with it?

Really looking forward for your thoughts and opinions, for i really wanna start the project ASAP, so help me out here...cheers :grin:

In one of the magazines I buy, called Performance French Cars, a guy had transplanted a evo 8 engine into his 205. I am sure it's possible, but not without a lot of hard work.

seriously dude!!:amazed:...wow, that's really impressive, but where can i get some ideas about the 4efte conversion??...i was also thinking of something a little more powerful, like a 4age, or if possible an sr20det, but because i'm gonna be using the car as an everyday car, the power to wait ratio, the kinda roads we have in Seychelles, plus the rise in fuel price, i decided to go with a 4efte instead, which is economic, and powerful enough to keep them busy on the streets, (with the right tunning and driving techniques ofcourse), without facing alot of traction problems.

you get the picture, right?? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! Yeah, I sure do! but I am uneducated in this section. What on are the engines from? I am sure one of our fabulous members will come along in a while to point you in the right direction.

IIRC it's a Starlet Turbo engine?
You'll need the whole car as a donor as you'll probably have to use the floor plan for the 4 wheel drive and expect to need Alot of custom parts to be made.

Yeah it's a toyota starlet turbo engine, just talked to a local mechanic and he said it should fit in without much problem, because the tranny seems to fit in the same position as the original peugeot transsmission...so, can i trust him? lol

oh, and i don't think the 4wd floor layout would be needed, because the 4efte is meant for fwd, and my peugeot is already a fwd, just need to mount the engine and tranny in there...what do you guys think?

I haven't really thought of that yet, but i think the mechanic was refering to the standard gearbox, that comes with the 4efte. what do you recomend i use?

I'm not sure which to use to be honest but the standard gearbox for that engine is 4 wheel drive so you wouldn't be able to use that for fwd only.

that's strange, cuz a lot of guys here in seychelles claim that they're using the standard one, that comes with the EP82(GT) versions, and they running on fwd...but i'll try to look further into this, thanks for asking. but any ideas on how to go about with the engine mounting part, as safe as possible? :)