Pro S and Pro R

jarrus

Pro Tuner
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Right then, question for oilman (tim/guy)

What is the difference between the Fuchs Titan Pro S and Pro R?

also would you say that the Castol EDGE TD has a higher additive pack than the Pro S/pro R stuff?

Hi

There's not a lot of difference between Pro S and R, mainly it's viscosity, but there is also a slight difference in the blend and Pro R has a different level of friction modifiers making it suitable for the wet clutches in bikes as well as cars.

I wouldn't say the Edge 5w-40 has a higher level of additives, but it has different ones. The Edge TD is aimed at fairly standard cars that have manufacturer specs to meet, such as the VW505.01, but the Pro S is aimed at high performance applications (although it's unofficially suitable as a replacement for VW505.01 oils, it's what Guy uses in his Seat with a PD engine). The additives in the Pro S are there to keep it as stable as possible at higher temps, as well as performing their normal duties. Manufacturers don't like to give out much info about their oils, as then rivals can use it to their advantage, so I can only pass on what I know.

Cheers

Tim

Ok fair enough then.

The reason I asked was that my engine is known to contaminate oil fairly quickly and I wanted to know if it is fairly resistant to contaminants. I change the oil every 6000 miles.

Ok fair enough then.

The reason I asked was that my engine is known to contaminate oil fairly quickly and I wanted to know if it is fairly resistant to contaminants. I change the oil every 6000 miles.

Fully synthetic diesel specific oils are very good at holding the contaminants in suspension, which is the reason they are available.

Castrol's Edge products are worthy of your attention. I doubt there is much difference between the 'std' ones and the diesel specific ones. They all have the same SAE, API and ACEA ratings. Both carry similar ratings for both petrol and diesel usage.

I did use it for a time and it has been very good, but the cost was immence... I had to buy 4 litre bottles and I needed 4.5l! what a pain in the rear...

Fuchs comes in 5l bottles and the base stock is more desireable so I thought I would give it a try.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back