Prince's 1999 Honda Civic Coupe

Hi all, I've been for a while now, and I spent 5 hours cleaning and waxing my car today so I thought I would finally post up some pics of my Civic. All comments welcome.

Enjoy!

Quick update:

Carbon fibre bonnet and new rear lights should be fitted on the 27th. Pictures will be uploaded as soon as I take them! Anyway, here's a couple pics I took the other day...thought you all might enjoy them! :amuse:

How much did the carbon bonnet set you back?

The car is looking nice - it great to see it all coming together.

The carbon fibre bonnet is on and looking very sexy! It's of a very high quality and looks absolutely stunning. The vents can even be closed up underneath for the winter weather. Feel free to post comments!

It is looking really you. You have a show car on your hands. Are you still going to do the Candy red respray?

It is looking really you. You have a show car on your hands. Are you still going to do the Candy red respray?

Thanks mate!

Yep...after the body kit goes on it'll all be re-sprayed candy apple red. The candy laquer will even be put on the bonnet to give it a hint of red. If it wasn't for insurance I'd have concentrated on the engine more...but hey, it'll all be done at some point. :bigsmile:

The carbon fibre bonnet is on and looking very sexy! It's of a very high quality and looks absolutely stunning. The vents can even be closed up underneath for the winter weather. Feel free to post comments!

she is a minter mate,
fair play

the more i look at it, the more i want it

***UPDATE***

I've had a big change in plans. I'm dropping the candy red paint and the body kit idea. The big power plans will come in 2 stages if done as well. I've also dropped Rimz Inc in favour of having Hond-R do the work. Instead of having a body kit I'm going for just a lip kit instead as this will save weight, be more aero-dynamic and will still look good. Instead of candy red, I'm gonna have the car re-sprayed some kind of pearl white. Performance wise, I've been advised that a B18 will be a better engine to use as a daily drive car. This will be tuned to around 220bhp to begin with. Depending on money it can go further. I plan to have the car looking something like this (but with black rims and carbon fibre bonnet):

I like the plan. I guess colour is the last thing you need to decide on. White will look good with the carbon fibre bonnet.;)

your right about getting just the lip, a body kit will ruin the look of that car
as for the coulor, white with black, oh my god, ive never seen a car look bad with them coulors

your right about getting just the lip, a body kit will ruin the look of that car
as for the coulor, white with black, oh my god, ive never seen a car look bad with them coulors
i have :lol:
SkinzMooCowBkSlg.jpg

but it will look good on the coupe!!!!

Very Clean car you got there Prince,,And fatastic work thats been put into it.. good read up thank you for posting it up... *****

got to say at the moment thats is a nice ride, you not got anymore updates? where you get the carbon bonnet from, and how much it cost?

got to say at the moment thats is a nice ride, you not got anymore updates? where you get the carbon bonnet from, and how much it cost?

Thanks mate. The only real update at the moment is that I'm saving up to get the suspension finished (£3450). What with booking up two holidays recently I haven't really got any money to spend on the Civic. The bonnet I got from Seibon, it cost me £550 with fitting. I love the way it looks in the sunshine but to be honest I'm not sure if the vents look right anymore. For now it will stay though. Realistically, any styling will be done next year despite how much it's bugging me to get it done now. Next mod will probably be a pair of EK9 seats.

Your civic is looking good Prince. I'm glad you decided against the candy apple red paint... that colour has been done to death.

Wise move with the lip kit too. I know what you mean about the bonnet vents. The bonnet itself looks great but the vents are a bit much. Is it my eyes or did they look whiteish? Maybe they would look better black. Then again, if you paint the car white, it would work as a nice accent.

I remember seeing a magazine feature on a civic coupe that had been tuned to be a 500bhp sleeper, slammed on 15"'s with stretched tyres.

I don't see why your 350bhp target wouldn't be achievable.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, love honda projects, especially ones that aren't the typical EG hatches.

Thanks mate! :D

In regards to the vents I was thinking about swapping the mesh with some darker mesh so it looks hidden a bit more. I'm thinking Greddy lip kit (as they are rare), some kind of Rotas. I'm toying with the idea of going carbon fibre on the boot lid, roof and wing mirrors as well as the bonnet. Assuming I can find someone to do the same weave throughout. If not then premium pearl white will be the colour choice!

It's just the cost of things. Money I don't currently have so instead of buying, I'm planning and coming up with different ideas.

I hear ya. I'm always short of money, half the reason why I'm stamping my feet about the bushes problem.

I think a carbon fibre roof and boot lid would look good, better with white paint.

I think we are going down similar routes cosmetics wise... I want to redo my paint in a a bright white, possibly just a champ white respray, with white wheels and a red lip or black wheels and a white lip.

Carbon bonnet with black housing headlights (Not JDM but projectors as they look nuts on Accords) and a Wings West Lip kit.