power loss in first occasionally

errolbrown

Car
saab 93 vector
Well had our 93 vector for about a month now and all in all very happy with the car.My wife drives the car every day and she says yesterday on about 3 occasions and twice today the car was very sluggish when trying to pull away.It`s the first time this has happened and was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.Out model is the 125bhp 2.2 tid.:confused:

When was the last time that the car was serviced? Was it a dealer service or an independent garage? Do you only use the car for short journeys?

Ok then give them a call and get them to do a quick check. Before you do this take the old girl for a good blast up the motorway first - 40 to 50 miles minimum, Saab diesels hate lots of short runs around town and the particle filter might be clogged up. As a point of interest for the future, use only Saab independents or main dealers for their knowledge on these beasts, these cars are ridiculously fussy and if not treated with enough respect they will empty your wallet faster than a rev counter moves on a Lamborghini!

can the particle filter be cleaned out easy enough or is it a garage job?It`s also ran great today she says ,not missed a beat.:confused:

Isn't that just typical :rolleyes: I will bow to PG's superior knowledge on this and you should take it on-board as a future possible need to replace.