power curves

danzul

Torque Junkie
Car
205 GTi at heart!
hello all, im dan, new to this site.
i own a 420 sld and am curious as to what the power curves on the standard turbo fitted to my car i think the model fitted is a Garrett GT1549 but am not certain, i am curious as i have TD04HL-16T High Pressure Turbo off a mitsubishi sat in my mates garage and want to compare the two to determin whether the TDO4 unit will give me any power gains.
does any one know what turbo was fitted to the 96 rover 4 series 2.0 turbo diesel i should think it will be the same as the one fitted to the 96 2.0 honda civic ? or a site or something which may contain the information i need?
any help will be very much appreiciated!

hello all, im dan, new to this site.
i own a 420 sld and am curious as to what the power curves on the standard turbo fitted to my car i think the model fitted is a Garrett GT1549 but am not certain, i am curious as i have TD04HL-16T High Pressure Turbo off a mitsubishi sat in my mates garage and want to compare the two to determin whether the TDO4 unit will give me any power gains.
does any one know what turbo was fitted to the 96 rover 4 series 2.0 turbo diesel i should think it will be the same as the one fitted to the 96 2.0 honda civic ? or a site or something which may contain the information i need?
any help will be very much appreiciated!
I believe you are right, about the turbo fitted.

I assume you haven't got a intercooler fitted.

Find a scrap SDi, and transfer the intercooler setup. Have a fiddle with the pump settings, and you will get to about 120bhp or so.

Hybrid turbos are available for the L series, and should give another 20bhp or more.

Cheers
Dave

i have an intercooler fitted as standard, i think the sld and sdi are pretty much the same engine,although im not too sure whether just the standard intercooler itself will give me much of a gain untill i have a MBC and fitted will it?
i shalll have a play either tomorrow or the weekend, thanks for that!
does any one know a site or some where who will supply maps regarding the powercurves of different turbos or similar?

When you said you have a SLD, i assumed you never had an intercooler.

The non intercooler version has a mechanical pump, which you can have a fiddle with. The later SDi (and the TDi), have a electronically controlled pump, so no fiddling is possible.

If you go to here http://www.tuning-diesels.com/, that will give you tuning ideas, and other sites to visit for more information.

Cheers
Dave

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back