potiential of a 147

white

Car
alfa
Hi Pal, i've always love Alfa for its style n how it sets itself from the rest even at standstill and thats the reason i found my way here.

However I'm currently lost between the 147 and golf 1.4TSI.

May i know whats the potiential of a 147 2.0L with the kinda mods avaliable n which ones too?

please give me your feedback and suggestion.

thanks in advance!

Hello mate.

If you driven both, then you'll know you want the Alfa :lol:

With a big budget, the potential is massive. Without, it's about the same as every other N/A car. Autodelta is where it's at for Alfa tuning. They do allsorts from air filters to super/turbocharger conversions, brake pads to big brake kits.

thanks for your reply pal,

so may i know what sort of mod were you referring to realize the massive potential? if i wanna keep in NA, else i reckon turbo charging a 2.0L will no doubt increase the BHP.

comparing a Golf with Alfa, other den the 'twincharger', its DSG is faster den an Alfa.

since the Alfa is a 2.0L NA, how can i compare it with an CTR? with mods?

cheers,
white

Keeping it N/A, it can't really. You haven't the high compression or V-tec. Autodelta's most aggressive package supercharges the 2ltr TS to around 230bhp on the standard internals. And that's before any head work, cams etc. How much the standard internals can take, I don't know. That'd knock the stuffing out of a torqueless bread van.

For cornering, there's an uprated Quaife diff (the very one of which fits the 2ltr T/S should be in my possession shortly), ARB's, Coilovers, strut braces and more.

There's a lot of stuff out there for the 147, if you know where to look. Ultimately, due to its larger displacement it has more potential than the Golf you're considering.

Thanks fro your feedback, it sure sounds fun being to churn out 230 on a stock 2lt TS. However, toying with the idea of doing up the engine with high compression piston and all the stuffs recommended in TorqueCars. Is it still far from a V tec? since its also DOHC n plus with TS!! guess mayb not high end when V tec activated huh?

the vtec is much more than DOHCs as it was also available in SOHC versions. in short the cams have more lobes than normal which when activated lift the valves higher and for longer.
the twin spark idea is to get a better burn for increased efficiently but not really much in the way of power

I thought the twin spark engines used to be the highest powered N/A engines around back when the 75 TS was released. Seemed to be very rapid when I drove one many years ago but maybe they've changed it nowadays for 'economy' :sad2: . Anyway go for an Alfa mate, the Golf is dull dull dull. I have a GT 170 and it sends me to sleep, all petrol heads should have an Alfa at some point.

ive been looking for a new performance exhaust system for my alfa 147 2.0 twin spark. what is my best option when it comes to this? i have been reffered to a Remus pacage with the Front Silencer Part No 025001 0300, and the Rear Silencer Part No 025005 0570F. is this a good option. what sort of gains should i expect

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back