Post up your Fast & Furious 4 reviews and thoughts

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What did you think of the latest installment in the Fast & Furious films?

I'd be interested to read your reviews thoughts and opinions? Was there too much CGI? Was there enough car action for you? What about the standard of acting and the selection of cars?

(The film went out on General release on 10 April and has broken box office records for 2009 and beats every other fast & furious film franchise.

PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN HERE AS SOME OF US MAY HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET!!!

well in all honesty i thought it was very poor compared to the first 3 films
and i think this is the first and last time i will say this about a film but it had to much story line not enough car's or car action
which is what i expected from this type of film

agree with herb had a big story line for a car film
but was a good film nice motors on it

see the right cars well i watched it as i was told there was a trans am on it well right at the end for about a min

but much better the 2&3 1&4 are the better ones

I saw it this morning and it was a lot better than I expected actually. Even the misses enjoyed it. Now I have to go and see Monsters vs. Aliens with her :rolleyes:

i wasnt that impressed with it, but i guess i was just expecting to see another fast and furious movie. if they had released it without being tied the f&f movies i think it might of been a good start to a new genre of car movies with storylines:)

meant to go see it this afternoon after going skating with her and one of her mates ended up too tired so never got to see it, might go on friday night.
im the same as MA i had to go see something with her so she goes to see what i want.

I thought it was a good film. But I was far too much gfx for me. Hate all the computerized stupid stunts. I like oldschool films like Initial D

I tried to watch the film last night but the last two showings of the day were fully booked!

Going to try and see it tonight (although it's Orange Wednesday - I pay £13.50 a month to see as many films as I want, when I want so I have to avoid Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the big films), if not I've got Thursday off work so I can watch it with the kids [edit: not my kids, you know, kids. Chavs in training, whatever you want to call them] that are off school at the moment.

I thought it was a good film. But I was far too much gfx for me. Hate all the computerized stupid stunts. I like oldschool films like Initial D

There was quite a bit of CGI in that, though! They couldn't afford to write off some of the cars so they CG'd most of the crashes!

i thought it was good, the fact it had a story to it made it interesting
it wasent just about street racing

Well I got to see it for myself last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It didn't have much car styling in it and the main cars were properly tuned without all the Neon lights and stickers so It got plus point from me for that.

I would say there were not enough modified cars, perhaps the DVD will have extended "cruise" scenes for the car fans. It was a shame one of the main chase scenes was mainly shown by the "sat nav" and they could have got a lot more car action in there.

The story was good and the references to the early film was good. I think they managed to tie the stories together nicely.

Overall I was impressed by the film and would rate it 4 out of 5. I still think the first film was the best in the franchise though.

I thought it was really good. It linked with the first film very well and I was pleased to see that current styling trends were kept up with. I was a little disappointed that American muscle was focused on more than Jap as i'm more into Jap cars. I personally see the story line as a good thing. If it was just an hour or 2 of cars up and down a strip you wouldn't think it was as good (for a film). I will definitely be buying the DVD when it comes out.

I've also heard news of a Fast and Furious 5.

I love F&F4 it was a great film. Agreeing with Prince that there was not much jap stuff but the story was great.

How much BHP do you need to make the front of a car jump in the air when you accelerate?

What model of Subaru was Paul Walker driving at the end? Which Honda was Mia driving in the closing scene?

I love F&F4 it was a great film. Agreeing with Prince that there was not much jap stuff but the story was great.

How much BHP do you need to make the front of a car jump in the air when you accelerate?

What model of Subaru was Paul Walker driving at the end? Which Honda was Mia driving in the closing scene?

It's not the bhp of a car that makes it 'jump in the air', it's the torque. You'll have also noticed the chassis twisted as well in one or more of the scenes. The Impreza was the latest version, and Mia was driving a Honda NSX.

I saw it on the third attempt (I had to see a Thursday afternoon showing as on Tuesday and Wednesday night all the showings were full).

I quite enjoyed it, but there were a few things that annoyed me - CGI wasn't as badly over used as the second film but there were a few 'impossible' action sequences that could only be created with CGI rather than stunt work.

That and a couple of action sequences used the 'shaky camera work hides a multitude of sins, whilst looking exciting'. It does when used sparingly.

I was surprised at how many 'muscle cars' were in the film (there's usually at least one, mind), which I feel might be a way of repairing the damage made in the third film when they put a Nissan engine in a Mustang (and what's wrong with that?!).