poss engine fault after fitting new induction kit

hough

Road Burner
Car
VW T5 swb 2.5tdi
Hey just a quick question, I have just fitted a bmc cds induction kit to my vw bora tdi the filter seems fantastic apart from on a few time since fitting the filter the engine runs great then for no reason the engine seems the lose power and struggles to rev upto and over 3000 rpm but as soon as I restart my engine it fine until the next time is this cause my engine is sucking more air and needs a remsp?

It is very possible that you need a remap to account for the different amount of air that the ECU can now see. I had the same thing when I first fitted a Simota open air filter, it loved to bring up the engine check light. One remap later at Viezu and the problem was solved and the car performed all the better for it.
Now this may not be the same problem with your car, and I await feedback from the more in-tuned members of this forum to either confirm or to suggest an alternative scenario as to your fault.

If you look at your original airbox, there should be a place where a small vacuum pipe going into it just below the airflow meter. Did you remember to blank off the vacuum pipe? Pushing a 3/16 or 4mm bolt into the end of it would be sufficient.

I'm not saying this is your problem but it is something to look at. I've worked at a TDi before where the vacuum pipe was just left hanging after fitment of an induction kit and it was bringing up all sorts of boost faults and false readings on live data.

When you restart your engine it resets the ECU and it runs fine until the fault is picked up again.

the vacuum pipe to the air filter box is definitely connected to my bmc cds filter, the cars seems to work fine until I drive at speed or over 70 mph for a short period of time!!!

yes its an oil type filter iv checked my whole air system and its fine but a few tuning places have told me I need to remap my ecu coz of the vast amount of air the bmc cda filter lets the engine suck in

it doesnt allow that much more air in mate. nothing that needs to be remapped. i did have some logs on my old laptop for when i did mods to my boras intake.
standard
R32 dsg and smoothed airbox
BMC CDA fitted. there wasnt that much difference in it from what i can remember and the was on the 1.8t.

juust had a thought after seeing its the 1.9. im guessing its the PD engine. in which case it might be worthwhile seeing if the vanes are moving in the turbo. take off the intake pipe and work the actuator with some wd40 could be the turbo vanes sticking as the PD engines have variable vanes turbos (VNT15 or 17 depending on what engine code iirc) if there are sticking then it will be causing over or underboost issues.
if you can see if you can find someone with Vagcom or VCDS local to you and get them to scan the car and see what the actual code given is as this will give you a better idea of where to look

I had same/similar issue after fitting a k&n filter on my skoda fabia (1.4-16V petrol) a few years back and it actually was a small drop of oil on the maf sensor.
A squirt of a contact cleaner sorted it. Might not be your case but worth checking.