Pop up headlights

Two Tone Tribe

Wrench Pro
is there any way of getting a car with your standard front lights to have pop up headlights. i love the old 180sx and the ae86 and the old rx-7's because they looks so sweet with the pop up headlights but its getting increasingly difficult to find a car with them already as part of the car. i know you can turn the pop-up headlights into standard fixed lights. is there any advantages to doing this. is illumination better or something with fixed headlights?

hell of a lot of work, abd deoends on the car you want it on.

illumination will be the same as it has to conform tot he same law as fixed, just another fun toy to go wrong :D

Pop up lights mean it takes longer to give someone a warning flash, the motors also go with alarming regularity and often they are more susceptible to water damage. On the plus side you are unlikely to get a stone chip on one as they are folded away. As they stick up they must be causing extra drag as well.

maybe if the lights were spring loaded? :D

then again the spring may be too strong and may cause the light to flick up and fly off, throught your windscreen :shock: