poorly mk1 punto turbo

P

puntogt

hi there new to all this so here i go ......

i have a mk1 punto 60 / gt conversion what i have done and now my turbo has started to blow smoke :(, it has got on a turbo technics stage 1 and every where i ring for a quote to rebuild it round where i live wants from £200 - £500 :amazed: I don't reli want to go back to a ihi again which i have lost in shed does any know a turbo rebuild place what is cheaper that what ive been quoted or and similer size turbo's that would fit my car ?

thanks ben

im afraid thats the going rate for turbo rebuilds mate, i know i can get them done for £250 with 270 bearing or £295 with 360 bearing and as far as im aware thats around the lowest prices.

hi there new to all this so here i go ......

i have a mk1 punto 60 / gt conversion what i have done and now my turbo has started to blow smoke :(, it has got on a turbo technics stage 1 and every where i ring for a quote to rebuild it round where i live wants from £200 - £500 :amazed: I don't reli want to go back to a ihi again which i have lost in shed does any know a turbo rebuild place what is cheaper that what ive been quoted or and similer size turbo's that would fit my car ?

thanks ben

Welcome! I think if you want it done properly you'll be looking at them prices I am afraid. Have you tried selling the old engine? May help fund the turbo rebuild.