Polished Pug 207

Thanks to my mother and wifes big mouths i got asked to go over my mums bosses car.

No full pics of the car at the start but it didnt look to bad and had a decent shine to it. yeah me thinks :blink:

Car was hosed down then 2 bucket cleaned
IMG_0758.jpg

Car felt pretty clean and smooth. as i had a little bit of clay handy i rub it over the bonnet. came back very dirty.

so the whole car was treated with Megs clay using quick detailer as a lube
Nice and Clean
IMG_0774.jpg

Drivers door alone
IMG_0775.jpg

The car was washed again quickly then towel dried

IMG_0759.jpg

Then onto inspection - only took pics of the bonnet as the sun was nice and bright

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

So on with the polishing

IMG_0764.jpg

Megs #83 on a LC green pad - Heavy polishing - and set to work
Some 50/50 shots

IMG_0771.jpg

Bonnet (LHS) done against the bumper on the RHS

IMG_0767.jpg

Bonnet had been quartered off to work in smaller areas. started on the RHS and worked my way across. so the right side of the tape has had a pass with the megs. left hand was just as was
Both pics show a massive improvement although it did take a second pass to get rid of the more stubbon ones. unfortunately i dont have any cutting polsh otherwise it would probably only have taken 1 pass

polish was buffed off then polished again using AG ultra deep shine on a LC blue finishing pad.

the UDS was then buffed off and sealant applied

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

sealant was left for 20 mins before buffing off
car left untouched for an hour before a coat of wax applied again left for 20 mins then buffed off

Finished work
Passengers door
Untitled_HDR6.jpg

the white specs are actually reflections of white paint that has been splashed all over the tarmac

Drivers Door
Untitled_HDR4.jpg

Drivers rear quater
IMG_0780.jpg

Bonnet
Untitled_HDR2.jpg

in total around 3.5 hours work not including the breaks

MA fell free to nick any pics for your guide

Very very nice. I will indeed nick some pics when I get time to finish the guide off. I need to do my Zetractor when I get chance. Time for a proper DA methinks. What one do you use?

Nice work! You just know that someone else is going to find out about your talents!

Methinks it's time to start a mobile car valeting business?

Nice work! You just know that someone else is going to find out about your talents!

Methinks it's time to start a mobile car valeting business?

yeah someone else has already enquired about doing theirs.

was supposed to be doing a red saab which would have been better for the photos but the guy had a go himself and is happy with the results he got

as for the mobile business nah i dont to the interiors so its a no go really :toung:

Very very nice. I will indeed nick some pics when I get time to finish the guide off. I need to do my Zetractor when I get chance. Time for a proper DA methinks. What one do you use?

kestrel das 6. only have 6" pads at the min although i do have some 80mm ones on the way

yeah the clay does remove alot of dirt that the eye cant see.
i remember the 1st time i used it. the car was spotless, to me anyway but felt rough. it felt like glass afterwards but the clay was black. couldnt believe how much it had lifted off

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back