Police mobile speed check...

Where is here, incidentally? And on which roads are the traffic police conducting such checks?

Ok the road itself is called alfreton road. It's is literally just off junction 28 of the M1 and the road itself leads into pinxton. It is a wide open clear road there is not normally anything parked on the road as most houses down there have drives. The Police car without the owners permission parks up a driveway turns the camera on top of his car to point oncoming traffic then he just proceeds to sit there almost out of visability. It's only when you get really close that you see him. That is my original point he is being very very sneaky and like i've said before he never stays there long because the owners have before rufused to let them park there. The owner infact has erected a sign right where he parks saying "No Parking Access required" yet he still proceeds to do it.

Perhaps the owners should park in front of the police car and a. completely destroy the view of the road and b. blck him in for a few hours.

It's tossers like this bloke which helps the police get a bad name in general.

If that was my house I'd block him in and rent a car for a few days. He can't tow me off my own drive =] Expensive revenge. I got flashed doing 39 in a 30 zone. I got sent on a speed awareness course, which was a day doing little tasks and learning about speeding and ways to avoid it. I learnt alot that day, stuff you'd never know unless you went there. Had a good day and avoided points. By the same token, way before that I got pulled over a 3am doing 75 down a 30 road by an unmarked Zafira. Right now you're thinking "What a d!ck." Now let me put it in perspective. I'm driving home from my girlfriends at 3am doing 30mph. It's late on a wednesday night, I know there's no one around, but I don't want to risk it. As I'm coming through sidcup, right by the Metro Bar (Around the time that Rob Knox got stabbed there) I realise I'm being followed quite close by a Zafira who looks to be driving a bit erratically behind me. I'm quite a paranoid person, and I'll let aggressive drivers get past me rather than cause a situation, but he wouldn't pass me. I was starting to think this guy was going to follow me wherever I was going and start, and I have no way of knowing if there's one guy in this car or seven. So I thought, there's no one around, floor it. SO I did. Not to blow my own horn, but I can control my car no problem. I know the road quite well. It's littered with parked cars staggered down each side and I'm convinced I can lose him. I was quite surprised when I glanced in my rear view and he was still glued to my tail at 70. He followed me about a mile and a haf down this road before turning on his blues. I pulled over of course and got a talking to, but I got out of a ticket by arguing that he was driving aggressively and I felt threatened. His closing comments were "You're lucky you can handle your car that well or I'd be throwing the very heavy book at you." He seemed like a nice guy, but surely the whole event could have been avoided by him not antagonising me into speeding for the sole purpose, I can only assume, of quelling his boredom?

You should have taken the ticket and asked him to record on the ticket, for clarity, that he'd been on your rear bumper for 4 or 5 miles prior to stopping you at the roadside.

If that was my house I'd block him in and rent a car for a few days. He can't tow me off my own drive =]
dont be surprised, you could b charged by stopping the police in the execution of their duty. pretty much like the guy that clamped the panda car in a private car park.

iv had the same joker someone sitting on my back bumper, at night and could hardly see the headlights, i was putting the rear foglight on and braking lightly, started braking harder.
got pulled by them trying to say i was driving dangerously. kindly told them i had my sister in the car and was worried for her safety as someone came flying up behind me very closely, i had slowed down on a long stright to allow them to pass but they never bothered, had i needed to do an emergency stop they would have went into the back of me

It seems they try and deliberately make you drive worse, and I can't understand why, short of them getting commission for giving people tickets, but then I don't understand why I got let off with what I did. Thing is though, if you've written signs saying do not stop and repeatedly told the officers that you don't want them on your drive, you would have a very strong case in court, which is exactly where I'd take it in that situation where I blocked them in on my drive and they towed my vehicle to get out. Hell hath no fury like me on a righteous crusade, lol.

Same happened to me at around 1am in my local town. Was driving from the town centre towards my house, but then some jeep got so far up my arse that I couldn't see his number plate at all and his lights covered the whole rear window. I did not budge above/below 30mph for my whole journey. In the end, I headed towards out of town and they turned down a road just before the edge of town.

Why do they drive in such an aggressive manner? To try and see if you are an ass?

They caught my mate speeding by doing this, he was poodling along and they got right up his butt in an unmarked car, and then pulled him for speeding!

@ The comments regarding hidden comments, on the way between two towns near me, there is a Cafe and a house behind if, so their driveway goes along side the cafe. The cafe is around 50m off the road, however every-now-and-then a speed camera van will sit a good 50m off the road, hidden alongside this cafe between the cafe and a large tree. Surely this is taking the mickey?

For waynnes info: ... alongside the Adelaide Cafe on the way to Sandwich :)

seeme the kent force has a bad attitude. If they're trying to make you speed then that's entrapment. Which is illegal and cannot be used to secure a prosecution.

seeme the kent force has a bad attitude. If they're trying to make you speed then that's entrapment. Which is illegal and cannot be used to secure a prosecution.

Yeah I know it's ridiculous, but if there is two of them and one of you, you haven't got a leg to stand on? :sad2:

Yeah I know it's ridiculous, but if there is two of them and one of you, you haven't got a leg to stand on? :sad2:

Surely if you slam on the brakes and claim there was a cat, they're going to slam into the rear of you, insurance wise it's automatically their fault, they get proven to have been driving too close to you, they look like idiots and you get a nice big payout from the Police insurance =] That's most definately what I'm going to do if and when I encounter that situation again.

Don't achor up unless you genuinely have to do so!

It could lead to you having to lie under oath in court, which brings a charge of contempt of court and possibly one of perjury. If one of the coppers got hurt in the accident you could also be charged with dangerous or wreckless driving.

Just explain that you'll be making a formal complaint about both of the officers in the vehicle; their conduct; their disregard for safety and their disrespect for members of the public who are doing nothing wrong.

Take it to the local police authority HQ (not the local station) and also approach the independent police complaints commission.

That should be more than enough for any speeding allegations to be halted.

Further, the police MUST NOT exceed the posted speed limit in a liveried vehicle unless it is engaged actively in pursuit or rapid response to a dangerous situation. If so then THEY MUST USE the blue lights and sirens.

The third option is to drive to the nearest police station whilst they're following you!!

I too have heard stories of Police locally following people really closely. This is sounding like a Kent thing now.

Now it would be interesting to do an emergency stop when they put their blues on. ;)

If a police car was following you closely and you slam on your brakes in an attempt to make them crash into you, you will be leaving yourself wide open for prosecution. Unless of course it is a real emergency stop situation. But even if a dog did run out in front of you the police car behind would almost certainly see it coming out as well. A few years ago the police was warning drivers about people doing exactly this. Letting a car tailgate them and then slamming their brakes on so the car behind is at fault. The police are aware of this tactic so in my own opinion I don't think it would be a very good idea. Although I wouldn't mind putting a claim in against the police.

These incidents do seem to be far too common. Or is it just that no-one bothers reporting a non-situation?

If the police forced you to drive faster because you felt you were in danger then you could possibly have them charged for stalking.