Planning a holiday

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you go on holiday do you

1) Just get in the car and turn on the sat nav

2) Get route plans from the internet (Like our route planner!)

3) Plan your route using a map

4) 1,2 and 3 - the paranoid uses 2 or more of these methods.

I'm actually a paranoid I get route plans and use the sat nav and make sure I have a street map.

If I'm going to Newcastle for the weekend as I sometimes do, maybe twice a year, I'll just slam in the Sat Nav Post Code, and go for it. Generally I'll check this on Google Maps too, to make sure its going to the right place. So, 1 + 2 :)

I check the route on the sat-nav (they don't always know best!), and then check AA maps as they show you where speed cameras are. So I know before hand that I may come up to one.

Just had a look at the TorqueCars route planner...Northampton isn't a minor town!

well i know my way to gatwick then were ever i go i use maps i find but its mostly the states witch is easy to find your way around
and if i do stay over here witch i did for the first time in 8 years this year just google map to find my way there

then when i go to shows i use google as well some i use the sat nav but been to most of them so know my way

The A-Z is a London map (is it not?) - so you don't plan to go far then?

Err.. let me the exact name (i call everything a-z. like you call a vacuum cleaner a hoover). xxxxx of Great Britan, or something like that. I need it now, cause as of this weekend I am off for 3 weeks, planning to take the children somewhere (not London :D). LegoLand, longleat, and a weekend at butlins (not sure about this). There mus tbe more places in England than this for children :p