Torque Cars

PK6 Gearboxes

Discussion in 'Laguna' started by cheekyelf, 26 January 2012.

1. cheekyelf

cheekyelf Newbie

England,Selby
    Car:
    Laguna II 2.2 dci
    i have recently purchased an 04 2.2 dci full service history all belts just seemed a bargain,how wrong i was !!!! gearbox is knocking in 3rd and 4th,i have only had it a few months then i started to read up on these pk6 gearboxes and wonder how on earth renault get away with such fragile mechanicals on there cars ,first was the turbo problems and now the gearboxes,iI think they should be replacing them for free when you have a full renault service history......

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Sorry to hear about your tales of woe! :sad2:
    If your lucky somebody on here may know of a fix or at least recommend a good garage who can do the work for you. Good luck ;)

Last edited: 27 January 2012
  3. emmomojo

emmomojo Tuner

Lincolnshire
    Car:
    Renault laguna tubo
    What is a pk6 please?

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    It is the part name for the Laguna Gearbox which is shared with the Traffic, Master, Vauxhall Movano, Vivaro and Nissan Primastar. You can get a recon box for around £650 online but the auction sites may turn up some good deals.

5. emmomojo

emmomojo Tuner

Lincolnshire
    Car:
    Renault laguna tubo
    Cooooooool. Common as muck so gonna be cheap. Spot on!