Pitlane Alloys On Standard Peugeot 207

kostassword

Car
Peugeot 207
I have a standard 1.4 8v Peugeot 207. i got an amazing deal on ebay of x4 Peugeot pitlane 17" alloys. was wondering if they will fit my car - the tyres that will fit it i have been told are 205/45/17.
this would be a real help as i really like them, if they dont fit il sell them on & get the hockenheim alloys.
just need a person who knows alot about alloys really.
i have the alloys with me & it has lots of numbers and info on the inside of the alloy if this helps.

many thanks

Okay I googled your car & got your standard tyre size as 195/55/16, There will be a difference of -0.74% when using 205/45/17. This means at 70mph your speedo will read 69.48 mph.

Use this calculator to check yourself.

http://www.alloywheels.com/tyrecalc.asp

So as long as the alloys are definitely intended for the 207 & the J size is correct for your car then you won't have any problems.

You could always phone your local Peugeot parts dept & ask them too.

Last edited:
Well i rang them and they said it might fit and it might not. didnt really help
& im not worried about the speed thing, its not alot out
they are def. peugeot alloys from their site.
do you know if the hockenheim alloys will fit ?

One of the important bits is that the new wheel circumference matches your original size, within a small percentage. Not just for the accuracy of your speedo but it also ensures your ABS system (& possibly other stability systems) will be getting the correct information to safely work.

If these wheels can be bought as optional extras for the 207 from new then they will fit.

it doesnt help really as you need all the wheel info. if they are for a 207 then the PCD will more than likely e the same - the distance between the wheel nuts

as for the width 7J should fit ok as your tyre is only 10mm wider. so as long as the ET isnt far off then you shoud be fine. if you have inner arch rubbing then some spacers should help you out

ook. ! ill gonna take one wheel off tomorrow @ work & put one of the alloys on see how it look just to see if it sticks out by a long shot past the bodywork !
thanks for the info. will let you know tomorrow

doubt it will stick out the bodywork unless its meant for a widebody one. your talking 10mm a difference if your ET is the same then the wheel itself is only goign to be 5mm further out. by how far some manufactures tuck the wheels in 20 and 30mm spacers have been used on some wheel / car combos. i wouldnt advise going this big

yeah i hope they dont.. iv got them in the garage at the moment with no tyres on them & they look really wide & I just think theres no way they are going to fit onto my car especially when i look at my current wheels and the spacing behind the wheel.
will just see tomorrow..