Torque Cars

Pipercross Air Filter.

Discussion in 'Diesel Chat' started by CostaCruiser, 7 December 2017.

1. CostaCruiser

CostaCruiser New member

Spain
    Car:
    Mondeo Mk4 2.2lt S
    I replaced the OEM paper filter on the Mondeo recently with a Pipercross filter.
    After driving for about ten minutes the engine warning light came on, so I put
    the paper filter back and the light went out.
    Any ideas anyone ?
    :lol:

2. wizzer

wizzer Road Burner

Lyndhurst, Hampshire
    Car:
    VW Golf 2.0 TDi
    Is the engine badly coked up? Was there any leaks around the air box with the air filter in it? Have you done any other mods?

3. CostaCruiser

CostaCruiser New member

Spain
    Car:
    Mondeo Mk4 2.2lt S
    No, the engine is fine, I don't think there are any leaks around the air box, but I'll
    check that and no other mods it's stock.
    Thanks for the reply Wizzer.

4. wizzer

wizzer Road Burner

Lyndhurst, Hampshire
    Car:
    VW Golf 2.0 TDi
    Too much air and too little fuel can cause a warning light. Run some injector cleaner through, not the shop stuff but the online stuff, there is a thread on here about it, I think it's 244 or something. Might just be enough to give you a performance lift and match the fuel and air.