Pimped Volvo

Here's the Volvo.

wheels3.jpg

wheels2.jpg

_MG_4157-1.jpg

_MG_4161.jpg

It's my first car (I'm 30 now, had it for 3 years, late starter!) Modding it started off as just a Remap to perk it up a bit and grew from there...

Runs 228bhp at the wheels 5000-6000, and 275lb-ft Torque at the wheels at 2500rpm on 97Ron

1/4 mile at 100mph terminal dead - There are quicker cars around, but you really have to experience the flexibility and mid-range of a tuned T5 to believe it.

It's a torquey quick car out on the road during in real world conditions.

Timed at 30-70=5.4, 50-70=3.0

- IPD Rear RollBar
- Eibach Springs
- Geometry Kit

- Bell FMIC
- BSR Downpipe, sports cat and SS exhaust
- BRS Stage 3 remap
- K & N Air Intake
- Vibra Technics Gearbox Mount
- Braided Brake Lines with Silicon Brake Fluid
- Euro Sports Tuning Polished Alloy Strut Brace
- Forge Dump-valve

- Lightweight Alloys
- Tinted Windows
- LED Running and interior lights (white)
- Debadged
- Plain Black Grille

Next on the list:

- coilovers and new top mounts
- polybushing all round

Feel free to make any suggestions for future mods, comments appreciated!

Last edited:
Thats mint mate. I looked at a few S40's acouple of months ago, t5s, I missed an absolute cracker on the old ebay, still kicking myself for that.
Hope your enjoying it. cheers:mrgreen:

Thats mint mate. I looked at a few S40's acouple of months ago, t5s, I missed an absolute cracker on the old ebay, still kicking myself for that.
Hope your enjoying it. cheers:mrgreen:

you need to get some mods on an S40 T5 before it's a really good drivers car.

- Braided Brake Lines
- IPD Rear Roll Bar
- Strut Brace
- Sports Springs
- K&N Air intake (makes the sound way better)

after that it'll be a much better car. If you remap one, get a new Bell inter-cooler as the stock one is rubbish and it makes a huge difference to the performance.

I like it.....Just subtle changes......And this new craze of black wheels really works on light coloured cars, gets my thumbs up ;)

hybrid or bigger turbo next then ?

My dampers are feeling a bit tired, so will probably go for coil-overs.

It's quick enough for day to day use - Could get a ported turbo but would need a new Map, and a custom tune to get the best out of it - hard to organise and you're looking at £1500 for an extra 10-20bhp so probably not worth the bother.

It wasnt untill recently that i took note, what a differance a change of intercooler can make, it would be the next stage in engine mod for me if i was to go further into it. ill wait and see.
As for those wheels, they do look good, what are they?
Ive got anthracite, they look better against silver then a normal alloy.
Whats the inside of the s40 like, is it an r design?

It wasnt untill recently that i took note, what a differance a change of intercooler can make, it would be the next stage in engine mod for me if i was to go further into it. ill wait and see.
As for those wheels, they do look good, what are they?
Ive got anthracite, they look better against silver then a normal alloy.
Whats the inside of the s40 like, is it an r design?

I'll take some interior shots and put em up - it's quite nice inside, here's one i found online.

2010-Volvo-S40-Sedan-2.4i-4dr-Front-wheel-Drive-Sedan-Interior-Driver-Side.png

Mines similar to that - RHD Obviously.

Mines a T5 SE Lux, better spec than the R-design (before they had the R-design) got the sports suspension and Body-kit though.

Got lucky with mine (bought it 2nd hand) got the Dyna-audio Hifi which is 5.1 Dolby Surround sound, and is noticeably better than most other Hifis I've heard in other cars.

Wheels are Pro Race 1.3 Anthracite 18x8.5

I'm back on the standard wheels just now, going onto Oz Superturismo 17x7.5 powercoated anthracite as soon as I get my spiggots and get the tyres fitted onto them.

Pro Race aren't that light, and are quite soft.. .so I'd caught anyone against getting them, had to go back as they developed a fault.

The OZ superturismo should look very similar.

Last edited:
There is something about the centre console in the recent volvos that really does it for me. it does look classy but sporty all in one. Not everyones choice of motor i know, but i found myself showing the good lady a pic of your motoor, giving it the old, "look at what you could of had".
You have to get the right colour with a volvo too. They do some cracking paints. yours definatly works. Is it a manual or geartronic, i could never decide what was the better option, manual for all out driveabillity im sure, but i always like the option of being lazy, still, thats what cruise control is for.

There is something about the centre console in the recent volvos that really does it for me. it does look classy but sporty all in one. Not everyones choice of motor i know, but i found myself showing the good lady a pic of your motoor, giving it the old, "look at what you could of had".
You have to get the right colour with a volvo too. They do some cracking paints. yours definatly works. Is it a manual or geartronic, i could never decide what was the better option, manual for all out driveabillity im sure, but i always like the option of being lazy, still, thats what cruise control is for.

Mines manual, it's got a nice solid box on it, meaty with a decent throw.

You can be pretty lazy - I've got 275lb-ft torque at the wheels (so probably past 300lb-ft at the crank) at 2000rpm

slot it into fourth and you'll keep up with anything non-exotic down a country road. I usually change 1-2-4-6 and rarely use the intermediates unless I'm pushing on - cruise control is great too use it all the time.

The interior is a good place to be, however that said the S60 is much nicer and more 'luxurious'.

What does your lady drive?

Nice car bud, but i must admit I prefer the more raw feel of the 850.

The stock S40 is pretty refined, smooth etc...

I've done a lot to get mine back to a more raw feel - you might be pleasantly surprised :)

850R is an awesome car, thinking about getting one as a track car, what's the spec on yours?

The stock S40 is pretty refined, smooth etc...

I've done a lot to get mine back to a more raw feel - you might be pleasantly surprised :)

850R is an awesome car, thinking about getting one as a track car, what's the spec on yours?
not much really, rica 304, RIP, Noble M400 Intercooler, Nitrous, MBC (just for that surge of boost :))

EDIT: Just realised who you are (T5 monkey)

331.jpg

Last edited:
Mines manual, it's got a nice solid box on it, meaty with a decent throw.

You can be pretty lazy - I've got 275lb-ft torque at the wheels (so probably past 300lb-ft at the crank) at 2000rpm

slot it into fourth and you'll keep up with anything non-exotic down a country road. I usually change 1-2-4-6 and rarely use the intermediates unless I'm pushing on - cruise control is great too use it all the time.

The interior is a good place to be, however that said the S60 is much nicer and more 'luxurious'.

What does your lady drive?

She likes to drive the chrysler, and is pretty handy in it, i got a little focus aswell, but it depends what one i take to work and leave her with.
The thing with me is i like my diesels. I looked at the d5, not alot of s40s about, s60s, but not to many 40s. I would have bought the t5 because it would have been my second car, so could handle the running costs. I walked away from the most rude, ignorant, up 'imself dipstick of a salesman in the showroom, and ended up with the chrysler after that.

does the v50 have the same potential as the other t5 estates volvo have had?

Very nice wheels! tastefully done ;)

I think thats the secret with a car like a volvo, tastefully done. too many off the wall efforts out there. I looked at a s60 t5, it had been seriously modified, and was kickin out about 320hp, but the body kit, good god over the top. It was polish and a left hooker mind.

Hi Mate im a newbie here to
Got a Range rover sport and want to do some pimping on it haha like your wheels and thanks am gonna use some of your other ideas too...