Pics from my first foray into motorsport <(^_^)>

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Today I travelled to 'Blackburn with Darwen' Services on the M65 to participate in an Autosolo event hosted by the nice chaps at Accrington Motor Sport Club. For those who don't know, myself included up until recently. Autosolo-ing is an easier form of Autotesting. The main differences are that you don't need to memorise the course as the gates are numbered & there's no reversing involved. Although your encouraged to 'walk' the course to get a good idea of where you're going.
I had a thoroughly enjoyable day, everyone was very friendly & helpful
My runs on the day can only be described as enthusiastic rather fast but if learnt anything for next time it's that 'Power is nothing with out control' :lol::embarrest:;)

22d7f100.jpg

14a02a05.jpg

bb9bef1e.jpg

72b9d5c8.jpg
Never raced or rallied :amuse:

2c3a8bfc.jpg

cf8a827d.jpg

8f3fe45b.jpg

05fba2a6.jpg

Day took it's toll on the tyres I'll have to swap them round tomorrow I think.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting up the pics. It looked like you had great fun, especially judging from the tyres. How much did it cost?

cool thats only about 15 mins away from where i live! might have to go down and have a look when its on again. looks like you had good fun!

It cost me £20 pounds for the day & £7 pounds to join Accrington Motorsport Club, but if your already a member of a MSA approved motorsport club I think that will be O.K.
For my £20 I got four sessions with three to four runs of the course per session, usually it's three sessions with five runs at a time but because so many people turned up to compete on the day, they had to do a little juggling to it every one in.

Your pretty much busy all day too as its organised so your competing in the first session, then masrshalling during the second & resting on the third.

The next Autotest and PCA is at Lymm Services M6 J20 on 17 May, the regs & application form will appear on here next week,

http://www.anwcc.org/

Iv'e found a car club in Wolverhampon now so hopefully I can do some local tests too.

http://www.wsscc.co.uk/

Also a young lady came from the Lancaster Telegraph came on the day to do a report & also small video feature for the papers website, which will be out thursday I'll believe, She had a go in her Toyota Ago & had a guy taking photos & shooting some video of the cars, at one point he video-ed me of the start so maybe I might be in it :D. I'll post a link when I find it.

Massive you really should have come along! see you at Lymm? :D

Last edited:
that looks fun! might come down and have a go on the next one! knowing me id hit everybloody cone :lol: