picks of my engine bay

claymore

The Torque Meister
Car
T-10k,
Bear in mind its my daily workhorse
P1602_27-06-09.jpg

P160201_27-06-09.jpg

ha ha, I used to have a proper one of them, v12 manual (one of only 56 I think)

You're joking. Bugger. Want one of these for my next project, could make one hard to find. Imagine there'll be a few less in a year or two when I plan to start.

One vac pipe to the bleed valve? (from the actuator to the valve by the looks of it). That's not right surely?

You're joking. Bugger. Want one of these for One vac pipe to the bleed valve? (from the actuator to the valve by the looks of it). That's not right surely?

Can't see it very clearly in the picture but the pipe work is right, and did you notice anything behind the BOV?

Bloody hell yeah Nitrous solenoids. What jet?

You sure you shouldn't have another vac pipe off that boost controller? Normally you plumb them in between the actuator and the turbo so it get's a vac reading off the turbo. Although I take my vac reading off the inlet manifold.

it comes from the vac on the turbo to a one way "T" then one pipe goes up to the controller and the other goes to the actuator,

75 shot jets

Thats when cars were simple. Double the power with a fish tank air tap! None of this computer remappary giggery pokery at £399 per pop! Bending the wastegate actuator was another great mod!

Nice. Are you going to be losing the Volvo badges? It would look fantastic debadged with a dark mesh grill.:D

Ever since I'v had my car its leaked oil, initialy just from the turbo return pipe, then a few months ago, I came round a corner only to be confronted by a big boulder which had fallen off the back of a lorry, result 1 knackerd sump
P152501_06-08-09.jpg

P1525_06-08-09.jpg

Cobbled it up as best I could
sump5.jpg

but it still leaked a bit, then I fixed the turbo pipe.
today my "quick fix" decided to let go, but thankfully I'd got a sump waiting to be fitted, so today i had no choice but to replace it (what a ball ache of a job, and £35 for the Volvo Liquid gasket) but at last my T5 is no longer incontinent.

Nice motor. My mother has a T3 C70 Cabby and after its remap it flies. One quick question though. I bought her a few little bitsa to go on the car such as front and rear strut braces, lowering springs and an air filter. When I fitted the air filter, it now gives off what sounds lie a dumpvalve lol. Do Volvos dump all their air back down the inlet pipe or is it somethign else i'm hearing the rush of air from?

When I fitted the air filter, it now gives off what sounds lie a dumpvalve lol. Do Volvos dump all their air back down the inlet pipe or is it somethign else i'm hearing the rush of air from?
Yes mine is the same, its the sound from the recirc valve.

i cant remember who it was, but i read some research somewhere regarding nos setups, and they generally give more BHP than the jets state... iirc 50bhp jets on average gave somewhere around 62bhp gains on full boot! thats a 24% increase averaged on what was claimed... so your 70bhp jets could well see more like 87bhp..... ;)

either way thats some respectable figures you got there :)

i cant remember who it was, but i read some research somewhere regarding nos setups, and they generally give more BHP than the jets state... iirc 50bhp jets on average gave somewhere around 62bhp gains on full boot! thats a 24% increase averaged on what was claimed... so your 70bhp jets could well see more like 87bhp..... ;)

either way thats some respectable figures you got there :)
Dont know where that research was. but basically I use a jet size calculator, I put in what wheel or crank hp I want and it tells me what nitrous and fuel jets to use, I'v used it for years and so far it has always been + or - 2hp.
So with 50hp jets I souuld have around 335bhp which is getting close to the Volvo chocolate conrod safe limit.

Nice to see it being driven in anger. Did you have the track to yourself? No one else was brave enough to be shown up by a Volvo?;)