picks of my engine bay

I think you should take your Beast up a hillclimb course T9. Most venues do driver training days, you pay about £150 & you get a full days instruction and multiple runs up the hill in your own car. :D

Sounds superb, very aggressive. Bet that surprises a few people.

I don't think it surprised too many, as most people knew what to expect :)
Best quote off the RR forum..

"it sounded to me like the bastrd child of an S1 quattro and a delta S4, all wrapped up in an estate car body, mental!"

Another Quote, this time from a passanger

"For anyone wondering what it was like inside the car it was all comfy and quiet. This was suddenly

followed by brutal supercharger whine, turbo spoolage and an angry engine going mad, which caused

the car to fill with tyre smoke. Once the inertia of the tank-like Volvo shell decided that the

laws of physics were beating it, the car accelerated like a rocket. I got to the top of the hill

half giggling like a school girl and half laughing in disbelief. Loved it :D "

I had an 850 T5 saloon for 8 years and loved every minute of it, looking at yours brings back some great memories. When i sold her i was gutted to see someone else drive off in her. But i had a midlife crisis and bought myself an fto lol,

I had an 850 T5 saloon for 8 years and loved every minute of it, looking at yours brings back some great memories. When i sold her i was gutted to see someone else drive off in her. But i had a midlife crisis and bought myself an fto lol,
I had a midlife crisis and bought myself a T5.....lol

Decided to take the duct that I had fiberglassed onto the scoop off, and instead mount one on the tmic itself, this should make it easyer for me to create a hot air extraction system to try and get rid of some of the heat build up in the engine bay when the car has just finished a quarter mile run.

I'll paint it black once I'v got it how I want it.

tmic1.jpg

tmic2.jpg

tmic3.jpg

tmic4.jpg

The reason i didn't shut the bonnet properly was this:

291818_10150336900344445_552229444_7821314_582505956_n.jpg

If your wondering, that's £65 worth of nitrous escaping through a burst pipe.......lol

Pity that did not happen at night with lights on the escaping NOS, your car would have looked like something from a scene from Ghost Rider! ;)

The engine is out of the car at the moment, I'm just getting ready to put the replacement with a forged bottom end in. also a huge turbo if I can squeez it in, otherwise I'll put my Garrett on. picks to follow in a week or so.

Can't wait to see how this one develops. It should make for some serious 1/4 mile runs. Are you still twincharging it?

Can't wait to see how this one develops. It should make for some serious 1/4 mile runs. Are you still twincharging it?
Yes, that has been the whole point of the exercise, first was proof of concept, next stage is to ramp it up a notch, there's a chap in America who has a compound charged Lotus Exige which is producing over 600 whp.

I just do it for fun on a tight budget, to see if it can be done, and to prove to the doubters that there is more than one way to acheive power.

Would be a fun race though no?
Your budget rocket against Big T's monster.
I for one wouldn't mine seeing how they both perform side by side.
But Big T would have to still be Fwd for it to be anywhere near fair.